Would you like a naval battle mode?

Yes, that would be pretty epic.
5 (100%)
Meh, I'm not bothered.
0 (0%)
No, it would be pointless and boring.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: Naval Battle mode?  (Read 410 times)

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
Naval Battle mode?
« on: May 09, 2011, 06:08:59 pm »
Well, I don't know whether you can make a whole new mode, as I'm assuming Rabbit and DTV are derived from Team Deathmatch and something else, just changed, but if it is possible to make a new mode, maybe a naval battle would be a cool mode to have. With ships you can control (like you can control siege towers and catapults) and ladder style gangway planks. Maybe with opposing archipelagos to allow somewhere stable to spawn? And more than one ship per team. Maybe this is implementable, maybe not, Just thought I'd throw it out there.
Professional poop cleaner

Offline OzyTheSage

• Baron
  • Renown: 84
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Om nom nom
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress
  • Game nicks: Ozymandias
Re: Naval Battle mode?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 11:20:17 pm »
Seeing how you can sit on moving siege towers I don't see this as being too far-fetched. However, it would be a problem if spawn points could not be moved.

Hmmmmm, I suppose if you had two big ships (spawn point/flag capture) and people got on smaller ships and started fighting it out in the open seas (or maybe archipelagos and other interesting landmarks as you've stated) would be pretty... fucking awesome. Potentialy laggy though =p

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 06:39:28 am »
Seeing how you can sit on moving siege towers I don't see this as being too far-fetched. However, it would be a problem if spawn points could not be moved.

Hmmmmm, I suppose if you had two big ships (spawn point/flag capture) and people got on smaller ships and started fighting it out in the open seas (or maybe archipelagos and other interesting landmarks as you've stated) would be pretty... fucking awesome. Potentialy laggy though =p
Potentially. I think with big distance to ocean floor, falling in the sea would be certain death. If the map was totally open sea, surely there wouldn't be much lag? I think it would be pretty cool. A bit like a two way siege. The ships could be vulnerable to attack, except with much larger health.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 04:05:38 pm by Tomas_of_Miles »
Professional poop cleaner

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile