Author Topic: How about ladders?  (Read 464 times)

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
How about ladders?
« on: April 22, 2011, 07:25:56 pm »
+1
DAMN IT.

Some admins say, that if enemy destroys my ladder to force me to get off, I am NOT forced to get off, even as last man standing.

Today, I had such situation - I got on the roof with ladder, enemy destroyed ladder and I didn't want to get off. I said that admins say I am not forced to get off in such situation, but:

Some admin called Shortsword said today, that it doesn't matter if enemy destroyed my ladder or me or my teammate.

Wanted to kick me, but I got off. There was a poll for me and I was kicked anyway...

MAKE RULES CLEAR. What do I do in such situation? Am I forced to get off if enemy destroys my ladder INTENTIALLY!?

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: IG
Re: How about ladders?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 07:35:35 pm »
I'm shortsword, the reason why you had to get down is that there are no specific rules about it. "# NOT OK: camping unreachable places when last group of men standing (e.g. delaying)" is the only rule regarding camping as last men standing. There is a short discussion in the game admin section, but as far as I know no consensus was reached. In other words it's up to the admin to decide how to act in that situation. You were the last man, up on an unreachable roof. You might have shot a couple of us before you ran out of bolts, flag spawned, or one of us shot you, there was no point in you staying up there. Hence the request to get down.

Offline Akryn

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • I will undoubtedly accidentally team-hit you.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Akryn
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 09:32:11 pm »
If I remember correctly, there's a specific contradiction when it comes to last mand standing. As previously posted above, you are not allowed to camp unreachable places as the last man standing although if an enemy destroys your ladder, you are not forced to get down. Ultimately (again as previously posted), it will be up to the admin that's online.
Blinky the Arabian Warhorse:  2009-2012
Winky the Destrier:                2012-present

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 10:31:54 pm »
DAMN IT.

Some admins say, that if enemy destroys my ladder to force me to get off, I am NOT forced to get off, even as last man standing.

Today, I had such situation - I got on the roof with ladder, enemy destroyed ladder and I didn't want to get off. I said that admins say I am not forced to get off in such situation, but:

Some admin called Shortsword said today, that it doesn't matter if enemy destroyed my ladder or me or my teammate.

Wanted to kick me, but I got off. There was a poll for me and I was kicked anyway...

MAKE RULES CLEAR. What do I do in such situation? Am I forced to get off if enemy destroys my ladder INTENTIALLY!?

It depends on the server, NA you will be kicked if you are the last man in an unreachable place.

However, in EU it depends on the admin, as some will not kick you if the enemy team broke your ladder.

For best results, always jump down if last man standing.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.