Author Topic: Best class to play with 100+ ping  (Read 2214 times)

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
Re: Best class to play with 100+ ping
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2012, 08:01:59 pm »
+2
I moved in early 2011 from a place where I got 70 - 75 ping.  That was great, only time I lagged was during huge storms, which happen more often than not in Washington.  In my new town I have a ping of 94 - 110 with not unusual lag spikes that hit me to 140 - 150 on a daily basis.  I just try to rough it through those and I usually play a 21/15 or 18/18 build.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

This graph should cover what pings are shit and what are great for people who think that 120 - 140 ping is totally fine.

However, to answer the original question, I find that if you're not rubberbanding, ranged is a great route to take as it doesn't require much more than the ability to aim at your target.  Otherwise, full strength polearm / 2h is what one of my friends does.  He lives in the middle of buttfuck nowhere, Idaho and gets 130 - 150 ping on NA-1.  After trying several builds he finally decided that high strength with a heavy hitting weapon that doesn't require much precision is a pretty good route to go after if all you want is to kill a few people before your lag ultimately causes your demise.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus