Author Topic: Let players start at lvl 10 first time, and also soften the XP curve towards 34.  (Read 759 times)

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
Reasoning is as follows:

1. Let new players start at lvl 10.

It will be easier for new players to not fuck up their first build and understand how it works, and they will have a chance after fewer minutes. For retiring, they could start at lvl 1 again. I do think this could help people who try the mod, to stay in the mod. I don't see the negative side of this, as most people will get raped anyway with their first char, not because of levels and heirlooms, but because of steep learning curve.

2. Raise level "cap" from 31 to 34. (Make it easier to get to 34, very hard above that again)

Three More levels, we would see more variation in builds, old players would be able to experiment more and create more specialized builds. The big downside is that this is much harder to balance, and some builds like pure AGI 2h might approach the limitations of Netcode. I do think that this is not too bad though, and could make the game slightly more hardcore.

This should not be done without a rebalancing of throwing, x-bow and other "cheap" hybrid builds.  (Which is coming anyway next patch)

What do you think?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Wulzzz

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
? lvl 1-10 is fast anyway.

Also lvl 32 is quite common i guess.Skip 1 hierlooming and you are half way to lvl 32 :O

Lvl 34+ just allows too crazy builds which would be even more OP to casual gamers.
It would for example buff HAs extreme heavily who are bound at skills most.

Example HA build for lvl 35
15/30
6 Riding
5 PD
10 WM
5 HA
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 06:33:04 pm by Wulzzz »

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
I agree with the first point- it's solid. As someone who's had a few real life friends drop out of the game due to the grind, I'd be happy.

The second, not so much. I think 34 should be as exclusive as it is now- which is to say, hard but not too hard. At generation 5, I had initially intended not to retire and was about 10% away from 33 when my weapon of choice became popular and so retired again.

To give you an idea of how much I grind, I typically retire once every three or four weeks at 'full speed'. I imagine that others, whom I'm not naming, are probably on the cusp of 35 as we speak.

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • Renown: 509
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Rhaelys_BlockLeft_of_Chaos
Change XP gain to 1500/tick but only 5% bonus per retirement.

Soft level cap is perfect as currently implemented.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Uumdi
sweet of you guys to celebrate my birthday
wait you're talking about that devils lettuce arent you, god damnit
Quote from: Kreczor
yo you want to burn some sweet romaine tonight?
Quote from: Uumdi
yeah i smoke that dirty green shit fuck iceberg

Offline King Berend

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • The Risen Champion
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Risen
  • Game nicks: TR_Duke_Melas_V_the_Champion
I agree with Thomek, I find it kinda silly that no-life players don't get rewarded.

greetz, Berend

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
Well, they don't have to live a life isn't that good enough?
I disagree, skill points are way too many at level 35 already, you can either make a loltroll build (10 riding and couchlance the guy you just dehorsed before he can get up) or max out several weapons.
Though I think the curve should be more flattened, i.e. more time to 30 but same time afterwards.