Author Topic: Best polearm for pokey damage when using a shield?  (Read 1462 times)

Offline deathral

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Best polearm for pokey damage when using a shield?
« on: November 04, 2012, 11:47:12 pm »
I'm currently using a bamboo spear with a shield and a 1h for when they get close, but bamboo lacks damage. I would use an awlpike, but i can't use a shield with it. Whats a good long polearm with good pierce stab damage that i can use with a shield? don't care about directions or speed, just want damage and range and shield use

Offline Berserkadin

• Duke
  • Renown: 592
  • Infamy: 145
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: -
  • Game nicks: Krewl_The_Urist_Fox
Re: Best polearm for pokey damage when using a shield?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 11:49:16 pm »
+2
Ashwood pike
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 11:49:28 pm »
+6
I suggest the Ashwood Pike, 30 pierce and 93 speed with 166 length. The light lance has been popular with some, as well as the double-sided lance, but I do suggest the Ashwood first and foremost. An alternative would be the short Battle Fork with 32 pierce and 92 speed, but the 146 length will force you to be very aggressive.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline In Cauda Venenum

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 21
  • not actually gay
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Saturn_of_Chaos
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 12:23:23 am »
An alternative would be the short Battle Fork with 32 pierce and 92 speed, but the 146 length will force you to be very aggressive.
I suggest this.
Does a lot of damage and comes out of nowhere half the time.
You said you don't care about directions but another part of it that comes out of nowhere is the overhead, which also deals pierce, which not a lot of people expect.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Raven_Zan

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 03:33:03 am »
Ashwood & Light Lance

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2012, 10:00:56 am »
Ashwood pike and awlpike are very strong thrust-wise, but light lance and military fork are both cheap alternatives that do almost the same damage at 1/5th the price.

I did a gen as light lance cav / polearm and shield hybrid. 18/21 lets you pull off two classes at once.

Red tassel will let you go pole/shield or 4 directional polearm. And it looks good with the new eastern armors!!

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2012, 07:23:21 pm »
Ashwood pike and awlpike are very strong thrust-wise, but light lance and military fork are both cheap alternatives that do almost the same damage at 1/5th the price.

I did a gen as light lance cav / polearm and shield hybrid. 18/21 lets you pull off two classes at once.

Red tassel will let you go pole/shield or 4 directional polearm. And it looks good with the new eastern armors!!
Awlpike can't be used with a shield.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Laufknoten

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • BOAT OF ANGER FLOATING ON THE SEA OF TEARS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Felipe
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2012, 07:38:19 pm »
The ashwood pike is the best weapon for a hoplite. I used the normal lance though, but just because it's cheaper.
I would use the ashwood pike as your standard weapon and the light lance or military fork if you want to spend less money for upkeep.