Author Topic: my thoughts on burff  (Read 2438 times)

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: my thoughts on burff
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2011, 08:29:53 am »
NO plated charger dude will be more effective than a courser or arrabian rider. And especially no warhorse dude.

Gotta disagree with you there. Anyone who can dress themselves can charge around ruining faces and being a tank on one of those things.

Admittedly there's probably a lot of people playing this that can't dress themselves, but I don't think we should lower the bar for them to climb over, you know?
I'll throw even when the weapons are gone. I can always throw punches and throw up.

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2011, 04:10:44 pm »
Or we could do as I suggested and burf horses. Nerf maneuver and speed, buff HP. Fuck around with the prices, particularly with the over priced metal horses (except charger, which is a god among horses).

Slower horses with less maneuver will remain somewhat vulnerable to archers and infantry in general, no? I didn't say buff ARMOR for the mid-low tier horses, I said buff HP. High armor is what makes the tank-horses immune to arrows, not high HP. Normal horses would still fear ranged weapons, but wouldn't go down in like three fucking shots. Polearm users could still stop incoming horsies. It will not be as if every single horse is a tank, because a majority of horses would retain their SQUISHINESS and lack of armor.

That's where the high-tier horses come in--the ones with armor. They would be more survivable, and, of course, more expensive (and slightyl slower) than the other horses. Alas, I feel that the current prices make using the metal horses rather painful. And yes, I know that you shouldn't be able to ride around on a mamluk and not have to pay for it, anybody who points this out is a fucking idiot. Everybody knows this, it's blaringly obvious. It's too expensive right now, though, especially when you can do much better with a jet-propelled horse.
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline Lorenzo_of_Iberia

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Peloponnesian League
  • Game nicks: Lorenzo_of_Numidia , PL_Hoplitai_Lorenzo
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2011, 04:22:51 pm »
I don't understand why everyone is saying that the manoeuvre on heavy horses is so bad... It really is perfectly acceptable, if you are using a heavy horse and cant swerve out of the way of a pikeman its really your fault not the horses, you are going at a much slower pace than on a courser and its just a matter of having a bit of spatial awareness. But I keep hearing people say heavy horses have so little manoeuvrability... which is just bull shit, the trade off for armour and hp for manoeuvre and speed is definately worth the money we pay for upkeep :/
Your local Jav Cav

Looking for like Minded Hoplites? Look no further - http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,22631.0.html

Offline 22nd_King_Plazek

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2011, 04:57:41 pm »
They are prob trying to run around at high speed or something.

I often run circles around people using light horses, even arabians, and I mostly use a hunter. Dodging people is nothing :D
Of course that does not mean you do not get ambushed on occasion but then your screwed anyway.

Anyhow, I think the expensive horses could be a bit cheaper. I like the heavy horses, I like them a lot but really they are overpriced. They cost a lot more money to use than what the benefits they have over light horses are worth. The current pricing would make sense if they were jut as fast and agile as the light horses just with added armour and HP, but they are not. There is a significant trade off on speed and manouverability for the HP and armour advantages, to the extent that many people still choose to use light horses even if they can afford heavier ones. To me, this suggests something is wrong with the pricing.

Offline ToxicKilla

• Knight
  • Renown: 79
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • For England, and Saint George!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Killmoar_the_Lone_Knight
  • IRC nick: ToxicKilla
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2011, 05:13:59 pm »
The upkeep on heavy horses seems fair to me atm :/ One of the main issues cav has is the horse being taken down by archers, taking even a cataphract horse practically nullifys damage from arrows (they maybe do 5-10% of health to the horse from what would be 30-50% on an arabian). Making Heavy horses as cheap as coursers or even just cheaper will lead to archers giving up bothering shooting horses (which very few do anyways for some selfish reasons...).

Additionally heavy horses wont go down to stab animations from other weapons which i can imagine is going to make many players rage (and rightly so) if we see a lot more heavy horses.
My champ charger is pathetic for it's cost. It takes only about 4-5 arrows in its side and 2-3 into it's head (it has a frickin steel plate on it, obviously made from steel 1 atom thick). I often get to the enemy, kill somebody, riding away and the horse is shot dead, so I end up fighting most of the round on foot and losing 2800 gold afterwards.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 05:15:33 pm by ToxicKilla »

Offline Lorenzo_of_Iberia

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Peloponnesian League
  • Game nicks: Lorenzo_of_Numidia , PL_Hoplitai_Lorenzo
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2011, 05:57:18 pm »
My champ charger is pathetic for it's cost. It takes only about 4-5 arrows in its side and 2-3 into it's head (it has a frickin steel plate on it, obviously made from steel 1 atom thick). I often get to the enemy, kill somebody, riding away and the horse is shot dead, so I end up fighting most of the round on foot and losing 2800 gold afterwards.

I dunno why... I can keep my cataphract going for a whole round :/ maybe people are just focusing on you?
Your local Jav Cav

Looking for like Minded Hoplites? Look no further - http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,22631.0.html

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2011, 06:23:30 pm »
imo the cat is uperior to the charger.  has enough man and speed to dodge quite a bit,
charger is way slow.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Glyph

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • Turbulence incoming
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Horris
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2011, 08:26:32 pm »
Or we could do as I suggested and burf horses. Nerf maneuver and speed, buff HP. Fuck around with the prices, particularly with the over priced metal horses (except charger, which is a god among horses).

Slower horses with less maneuver will remain somewhat vulnerable to archers and infantry in general, no? I didn't say buff ARMOR for the mid-low tier horses, I said buff HP. High armor is what makes the tank-horses immune to arrows, not high HP. Normal horses would still fear ranged weapons, but wouldn't go down in like three fucking shots. Polearm users could still stop incoming horsies. It will not be as if every single horse is a tank, because a majority of horses would retain their SQUISHINESS and lack of armor.

That's where the high-tier horses come in--the ones with armor. They would be more survivable, and, of course, more expensive (and slightyl slower) than the other horses. Alas, I feel that the current prices make using the metal horses rather painful. And yes, I know that you shouldn't be able to ride around on a mamluk and not have to pay for it, anybody who points this out is a fucking idiot. Everybody knows this, it's blaringly obvious. It's too expensive right now, though, especially when you can do much better with a jet-propelled horse.
+1!

Glyph you have obsessive Horse Archer and Horse hatred.
- Official diagnosis :)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2011, 09:26:11 pm »
I'd like to see both of these changes applied. Still having heavy horses cost higher than light ones, but making it low enough to see at least a few heavy cavalry people breaking even (with some rounds as infantry).

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2011, 09:31:46 pm »
weird.  thought i made clear that its perty dam useless to change the unarmored horses.  in your case we would have the warhorse-syndrom,  only on destrier level.  hm,  what do i want to ride today?  a very useless destrier,  a useless destrier or a mediocre destrier?

isnt diversification about having different angles and not just different shades of the same approach?
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2011, 10:01:09 pm »
I think horses are almost perfectly balanced...the lower tier ones are just a bit too fragile.

I think the hp/armor of the Rouncey should be baseline, and then the other horses should have slightly more from there.

Other than that, maneuverability seems fine, speed is fine, cost is fine.

Offline monsterbrum

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Zoink?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar.
  • Game nicks: Templar_Brum, Biggus_Dickus, and many more!
  • IRC nick: Monsterbrum
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2011, 06:31:08 pm »
All is good abaut horses, but repairs are pretty annoying, what if you would make the buying price higher, and the repair costs of the horser lower, if that would be possible..

Offline Glyph

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • Turbulence incoming
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Horris
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2011, 07:01:02 pm »
All is good abaut horses, but repairs are pretty annoying, what if you would make the buying price higher, and the repair costs of the horser lower, if that would be possible..
that's my idea with heavy horses too.

Glyph you have obsessive Horse Archer and Horse hatred.
- Official diagnosis :)