Author Topic: Night Time  (Read 784 times)

Offline Blueberry Muffin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 749
  • Infamy: 119
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Night Time
« on: October 24, 2012, 02:52:32 pm »
+7
Its awful, if you miss the night time you end up attacking at 7AM and it makes me rage so hard. You would have to wait up all night for the attack to be a good time. Can we just create a set night time for everyone on eu using CET? Nearly all people in my clan work or are in education, and it is the same for all clans. Could we set the night time from something like 2 AM till 14PM for everybody on CET, just to avoid these shitty battles?
Lizard_Man: Fuck all that! Rather buy me 4 cans of Stella..
Cymro: Wife beater stella
Lizard_Man: It'll get ya drunk! You'll be fucking fat girls in no time! You might even fight a nigga or two! Mmmm-mmm, bitch!

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
Re: Night Time
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 03:00:00 pm »
For me time is CET+4
so for me it will be from 6am to 18pm

and we have players with CET+11  :?

« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 03:05:34 pm by Vovka »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 04:06:09 pm »
This would screw all the eastern (russian, turk) players. Not that I would care, but it would screw them  :mrgreen: :P
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Knute

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 682
  • Infamy: 21
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 05:13:39 pm »
They asked for feedback about putting in the option for 18-hour nighttimes right before this round of strat started:

http://forum.meleegaming.com/strategus-general-discussion/nighttime-feedback-required/msg590140/#msg590140

I was really hoping this would happen since it would make the game a lot more playable for people who work.

Offline Andswaru

• Duke
  • Renown: 554
  • Infamy: 130
  • SeaRaider_
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Andswaru
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 05:29:17 pm »
+3
Its awful, if you miss the night time you end up attacking at 7AM and it makes me rage so hard. You would have to wait up all night for the attack to be a good time. Can we just create a set night time for everyone on eu using CET? Nearly all people in my clan work or are in education, and it is the same for all clans. Could we set the night time from something like 2 AM till 14PM for everybody on CET, just to avoid these shitty battles?

Im all in Favour of Rank 10 set faction wide nighttime. And increase this nighttime too 12hrs possibly 14hrs.
Given the abuse possibility of a larger nighttime, ie clans get people to stay up all night attack at 4am then by the time normal people wake up at 7am the chance to reinforce is passed nearly. I would ask that this benfits both the attacker and defender by increasing the reinforce window too include all the players nighttime. So if your attacked at the beginning of the Night period (lets say 3am)and the battle will then take place at 7pm the next evening but uptill the 7pm time period  (on the day of the attack) you can reinforce. Stops people abusing increase nighttime by launching attackings at silly hours for a EU/NA map and then been able to fight the battle at a reasonable time. Otherwise you abuse the nighttime and the defender has no time to react, but the attack gets a primetime battle due to the "new nighttime" system.

Thats it for my general thoughts.
A thought in your direction tho Muffin, dont let your clan members start attack manovours at 3am (quick march is a special attack manavour when your in enemy land in my view) in the morning if you dont want to fight at 8am, none of us want to fight then, so if your gonna attack do it at a reasonable time of day and not when everyone else would like to sleep. Peace.
Smooth is the admin NA deserves. Not being that much better, EU deserves Thomek.
[18:25] <@chadz> soon(tm)

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 05:45:35 pm »
Im all in Favour of Rank 10 set faction wide nighttime.

I don't like this idea and I'm in a small clan. What about clans with a large amount of members from everywhere? There were even clans with EU and NA parts (though this doesn't seem an issue anymore in this strat).

I e.g. can not play before 6pm on workdays, where a lot of others can play already...
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Tyr_

• Earl
  • Renown: 445
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player
  • Suum cuique
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tyr; Merc_Nemo; Caesar_Salad
  • IRC nick: Tyr_
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 06:20:08 pm »
+3
Im all in Favour of Rank 10 set faction wide nighttime. And increase this nighttime too 12hrs possibly 14hrs.
This. And make the nightime set by a faction visible for others so they know when it is set.

I don't like this idea and I'm in a small clan. What about clans with a large amount of members from everywhere? There were even clans with EU and NA parts (though this doesn't seem an issue anymore in this strat).

I e.g. can not play before 6pm on workdays, where a lot of others can play already...

If you play strategus in a Clan and not alone you play with/for your clan. If you want to play it alone you can leave your faction and set your own nighttime.
We have members in Spain,Russia and even Australia, and evereryone has roughly the same nighttime. Some people don't like it, but the majority of our members benefit from this nighttime.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Andswaru

• Duke
  • Renown: 554
  • Infamy: 130
  • SeaRaider_
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Andswaru
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2012, 06:21:31 pm »
+1
If you play strategus in a Clan and not alone you play with/for your clan. If you want to play it alone you can leave your faction and set your own nighttime.
We have members in Spain,Russia and even Australia, and evereryone has roughly the same nighttime. Some people don't like it, but the majority of our members benefit from this nighttime.

This.
Smooth is the admin NA deserves. Not being that much better, EU deserves Thomek.
[18:25] <@chadz> soon(tm)

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2012, 09:05:11 pm »
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline Blueberry Muffin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 749
  • Infamy: 119
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2012, 10:22:06 pm »
+1
Thats it for my general thoughts.
A thought in your direction tho Muffin, dont let your clan members start attack manovours at 3am (quick march is a special attack manavour when your in enemy land in my view) in the morning if you dont want to fight at 8am, none of us want to fight then, so if your gonna attack do it at a reasonable time of day and not when everyone else would like to sleep. Peace.

Well we set off early afternoon and expected to be attacked by mid evening, but your 3000 man army seemed to miss us somehow... Maybe they were intimidated or just have incredible sight problems. So we carried on and attacked another target once your army decided that 1600 merc troops were too much beef for you.

(click to show/hide)
Lizard_Man: Fuck all that! Rather buy me 4 cans of Stella..
Cymro: Wife beater stella
Lizard_Man: It'll get ya drunk! You'll be fucking fat girls in no time! You might even fight a nigga or two! Mmmm-mmm, bitch!

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2012, 02:15:29 am »
+1
Given the abuse possibility of a larger nighttime, ie clans get people to stay up all night attack at 4am then by the time normal people wake up at 7am the chance to reinforce is passed nearly

im sure a clan that did that would find its members less than enthusiastic about doing anything at all on strat :P 

inb4 Nords and mercs clog up more threads with their useless BS talk.. oh too late. guess no one will read this suggestion :(
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future