Author Topic: Suggestion about looming/generation and levels  (Read 2295 times)

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
Re: Suggestion about looming/generation and levels
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2011, 06:10:53 pm »
You triple heirloomed all your equipment and you are lvl 35? Thats sick. What generation are you? Do you realise that there is other stuff in life than playing crpg? I heard theres a nice thing called outside.

...and he still goes down fairly easy, i assure you. I'm not 100% sure but I'd swear he even makes a special kind of "splat", a unique triple-loomed-armor-getting-squashed-like-a-bug sound, when you smash him with a mallet, for example.  :wink:
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2011, 12:03:35 am »
+1 for the suggestion to lower/remove the cumulative exp bonus for higher generations. Makes no sense that people who already have a huge advantage retire faster and faster again and again...

I am "just" gen 9 and already leveling up at almost 2x the speed a new player does...
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • becouse an image is worth a thousand words
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vicious666_xXx
  • IRC nick: Vicious666
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2011, 12:51:42 am »
...and he still goes down fairly easy, i assure you. I'm not 100% sure but I'd swear he even makes a special kind of "splat", a unique triple-loomed-armor-getting-squashed-like-a-bug sound, when you smash him with a mallet, for example.  :wink:

yeah when i get killed by  a crushthrue  str bundle of sticks stacker  i  get a sort of  triple    special sound :O

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2011, 02:05:35 am »
my triple heirloomed long maul makes a special sound which it crushes people aswell
Turtles

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2011, 02:09:25 am »
I think there were some very good ideae that were poorly used postpatch and were forgotten.

The retiring money cost. To actually make use of money, instead of being a simple buffer for upkeep.
The time limit. To set a maximum speed for retirement (if other limits are not enough).
The increasing level limit. And this is really the key feature that should be brought back to cRPG.

If we change the xp curve accordingly, we can make the level required for retiring increase and thus having a gen xp bonus is possible without creating sling effects. What about 25 as a start level limit for gen 1 and it increases by 1 at each retirement ?

If we have a hard level cap (let's say, level 40), people that are gen 15 (so the level requirement for retiring is 40) can retire and the retirement level limit won't go up, (it will stay at 40 forever), but it won't give any more xp bonus (so it doesn't go faster over time).

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2011, 02:34:29 am »
Level 40? No thanks, I dread the thought of those high levels returning.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.