Author Topic: Movement speed with goods, a suggestion beneficial for the small traders.  (Read 454 times)

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
A little suggestion to balance trading a bit.

At the moment, if you buy way too many goods compared to the amount of horses you have, you will move slow. This is kind of unrealistic, because having 10 crates on a single horse simply wont do.
I suggest you need 1 horse for every crate you carry. Or, if you have no goods, 2 troops for each crate. To limit the amount of horses, you will need 1 troop for each 2 horses or the horses won't count.
(click to show/hide)

What happens if i don't have enough horses/ troops to move like this? You will not be able to move.

What is the result of this? More traders will be needed then now. You cant endlessly buy goods and horses in your own safe territory, you will have to recruit men to guide the horses.
No longer will there be guys with 8000 goods (yes they already exist) running around using all S&D for their big faction, but they are limited to smaller trading caravans, just like the small faction guys that can't just buy horses and trade like madman (they will get attacked as soon as they have a lot of crates, though the big factions can do this, because they wo't get attacked in their territory anyway)

This will help smaller factions and faction-less to trade. Every trader will have around the same troops/goods on them, yes the bigger faction will get bigger trade army's, but they will have to pay relatively more upkeep then smaller traders, something they don't have to do now.

Have a good idea to make this suggestion even better? Or a reason why this doesn't help smaller factions? Post it here please  :mrgreen:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
With this small Caravans ist will take ages to make enough money to even buy so many horses for independent traders and smaller clans while the big clans can afford these with ease. Also every caravan would be a perfect target with so many horses. And what happens if you attack a caravan that carries a huge load of goods but dont have enough horses after the battle? You cant move anymore?
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Haboe

• King
    • View Profile
You start with 100 troops, thats 25  crates you can carry, thats 150 goods.
sell 150 goods with a good distance bonus for 20 goods price, you got 150*20*300% = 9000.

Thats enough for 100 horses :P

Offline dodnet

• Duke
    • View Profile
Damn... I always mix up crates and goods. Its so confusing  :|

(click to show/hide)

Offline Haboe

• King
    • View Profile
Hehe, 6 goods is 1 crate ;)

That changed you mind about the suggestion or still the same? If so, got ideas to make it better?  :mrgreen:

Offline dodnet

• Duke
    • View Profile
Well I would like to see some limit, because 100 troops moving around with 1000 goods is kinda strange. On the other side large armies with 500 troops just to carry some goods is strange too. So building it around horses might be a good idea.

Still one problem stands:
And what happens if you attack a caravan that carries a huge load of goods but dont have enough horses after the battle? You cant move anymore?

(click to show/hide)

Offline Haboe

• King
    • View Profile
Then you either drop goods or get reinforcement from a friend.

This ofc also effects an army that is going for a siege. Since now you need horses to carry all those ladders and construction material, you cant let it float  behind you  for a speed penalty anymore.

Also, i would love donkey's to be added, they will help you carry goods, are slightly cheaper then horses but cannot be used in battle.
Same with caravans:

I will make a new suggestion for caravan/ donkey, since this idea doesn't seem very appealing to the community :P