Author Topic: Some thoughts on the new scoring system  (Read 5578 times)

Offline seddrik

• Very mad bro
  • Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • NSCOC.Info
  • Faction: Phoenix Company
  • Game nicks: Seddrik_PxC
Re: Some thoughts on the new scoring system
« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2012, 09:46:16 pm »
Im not heavy armor.  Im not a shielder.  Im not cav.  I used to get valor before, but never now - even though I can get 2-4 kills per round at times on my main.

New system... lame.

Offline GuiKa

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolves
  • Game nicks: Wolves_GuiKa
« Reply #76 on: October 03, 2012, 09:12:44 pm »
Im not heavy armor.  Im not a shielder.  Im not cav.  I used to get valor before, but never now - even though I can get 2-4 kills per round at times on my main.

New system... lame.

I was getting valour much more often before the score system but by aim for it my playstyle was sometime teribad for the team. To get valour you had to hide somewhere for few minutes being useless and then come out in the end to aim for wounded/bad players ....

Not anyone was doing this but this was much more common, now you have to actualy be usefull to your team to get valour which is really good. Of course the new system is not perfect, ranged player are not rewarded like they should and heavy strengh based shield user get too much score for what they are doing.

This is the old system which is lame ...

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #77 on: October 03, 2012, 09:59:44 pm »
+1
I was getting valour much more often before the score system but by aim for it my playstyle was sometime teribad for the team. To get valour you had to hide somewhere for few minutes being useless and then come out in the end to aim for wounded/bad players ....

Not anyone was doing this but this was much more common, now you have to actualy be usefull to your team to get valour which is really good. Of course the new system is not perfect, ranged player are not rewarded like they should and heavy strengh based shield user get too much score for what they are doing.

This is the old system which is lame ...

I'm ok with that  :P

But I do agree that while the point system isn't perfect, it does help make support classes feel involved and not worthless. I like that since it makes people more inclined to do support classes.

Also yes it is annoying when you kill someone in one hit and get 2 points but usually its because they were a peasant thus don't deserve more points. Not always though. A headshot by an archer should get a few more points but I don't think the game can allow for more points for headshots versus hitting them elsewhere.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 03, 2012, 10:08:54 pm »
+1
Don't necro ffs.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #79 on: October 03, 2012, 10:30:39 pm »
I didn't read all posts but what I noticed is that you are getting points for the damage that is dealt close to you to some other people. Therefore if you stand close in the clusterfuck in giant gangbangs where shielders (because of survivablity) and guys with long weapons (because of better ability of supporting) spend most of the time, you will get a lot of points. You just have to stand close to people dying (those are like the assist points that you get) and you will collect a lot of points.

Also if an archer that is good in melee hits an enemy like 8 times before he finally kills him with his hand axe, archer will collect 1 point for every hit that deals any dmg. If archer couldn't hurt the enemy he wouldn't get any points for hitting him, if archer was dealing like 5 dmg with every hit, he would collect 1 point each time he hits.

The new valour system is punishing the cav and archers because they stand away from clusterfuck. Therefore as a Cav I had 7 kills and 18 points or something like that. Even if I kill some kind of good enemy that had an influence on the field of battle, I am not rewarded by more than a few points (2-4 or sth like that).

Bjord, you are wrong in your first post stating that shielders get points because of the shield. It's standing close to people dying which makes you get much more points. Just a while in a clusterfuck can make you get valour.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 10:36:15 pm by BlueKnight »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Skyrim UI

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #80 on: October 03, 2012, 11:03:33 pm »
System works just fine.

Also necro posting should give 1 week or maybe 2 weeks mute.  :lol:

I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 03, 2012, 11:20:44 pm »
Punching gives a hilariously high amount of points. Wound up getting valor a few times while being 0 kills 5 deaths due to the sheer amount of points gained from punching with Plate Mittens + Steel Shield.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 03, 2012, 11:44:30 pm »
I find that it is an incentive to use a strength build over a balanced or agility build.

yeah I like the new score system, and I often top it/valor on my 12 str ninja. but can't help thinking it must be so easy to farm score points with a high HP, heavy armour & shield.

I haven't played range with it but seems like if your not in the mele your not scoring as much points. seems a bit unfair but im currently quite happy with, especially considering valor used to be for arbalest users camping until end of the round.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 04, 2012, 12:55:02 am »
I didn't read all posts but what I noticed is that you are getting points for the damage that is dealt close to you to some other people. Therefore if you stand close in the clusterfuck in giant gangbangs where shielders (because of survivablity) and guys with long weapons (because of better ability of supporting) spend most of the time, you will get a lot of points. You just have to stand close to people dying (those are like the assist points that you get) and you will collect a lot of points.

Also if an archer that is good in melee hits an enemy like 8 times before he finally kills him with his hand axe, archer will collect 1 point for every hit that deals any dmg. If archer couldn't hurt the enemy he wouldn't get any points for hitting him, if archer was dealing like 5 dmg with every hit, he would collect 1 point each time he hits.

The new valour system is punishing the cav and archers because they stand away from clusterfuck. Therefore as a Cav I had 7 kills and 18 points or something like that. Even if I kill some kind of good enemy that had an influence on the field of battle, I am not rewarded by more than a few points (2-4 or sth like that).

Bjord, you are wrong in your first post stating that shielders get points because of the shield. It's standing close to people dying which makes you get much more points. Just a while in a clusterfuck can make you get valour.

Cool story, check the dates.

And again, I do not care about your usual bitching. Go make more useless suggestions.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.