Author Topic: Noob question, BETTER 1-HAND WEAPON: MACE/HAMMER/PICKS OR AXE/SWORDs???  (Read 4403 times)

Offline Rangerbob

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rangerbob
Re: Noob question, BETTER 1-HAND WEAPON: MACE/HAMMER/PICKS OR AXE/SWORDs???
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2011, 08:00:37 pm »
Pulling out a throwing weapon also stops backpeddlers.  Chase someone with the shield up and a pick or warhammer for a little while then pull out axes step back and toss one in their face. Almost as good as having high agi.  Even if you don't kill them, you usually have no problem getting them in range of your pick.

Offline H4rdn3ssKill3r

• Baron
  • Renown: 107
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
  • Crummy Wizard
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: naaaaaaaaaah
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2011, 03:30:18 am »
Side sword, it's by far the best 1h weapon. And never get 2 shields, it will slow you down way too much.

Yeah best sword if you wan't to get the same bland thing, Spam left, spam right, make a feint and kill.

No get a long espeda enslova, it has a cool name and brilliant range...
can't count the times enemies put there block down or tried to attack and I just swong left and hit them and then saw the suprise in there face.

and when you heirloom to tempered (thats as far as I got need somebody to tell me the stats of masterwork) you get 31c and 30p so its pretty balanced.
f8uasdlöadk blablablababa lbalba
^ Analogy of discussions on forums.

Offline Marked_One

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2011, 09:00:23 am »
Blondin what light armor you use for your build??? I currently use sarranid guard armor & occasionally switch to haubergeon when i'm bleeding money... Are both armors not heavy enough to slow you down with a 6 or 5 ATH??

And is there really a noticeable effect or just a small at all if you have a 4 shield or a 5 shield skill with the mid-tier shields(minus the huscarl & steel shields)..
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 09:05:11 am by Marked_One »

FIFA soccer -- What kind of a soccer game lets you play with your hands?

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2011, 12:10:33 am »
I use tribal warrior outfit, more for the style than for my build, it's very light for 27 armor, i guess i have no malus except i die in 1 or 2 hit.
When i use cuir bouilli  or sarranid guard armor, i feel slow, i prefer to be lighter (for wpf too), but it remains suitable, and you still have speed for footwork.
For more info about weight, athletic and speed look here : http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,3278.0.html Waltf4 made a very well detailled test.

I can't tell you for shield, i didn't had the occasion to test between 4 and 5 shield, but there is necessarily a little more. First gen i had 6 shield but it was prepatch so forcefield was bigger. I choose to have 4 in shield because my char is not centered on the shield, still it protects me from arrows and i can fight multiple enemies but i don't like to keep my finger on RMB, footwork is better (atleast for the fun).

Edit for Vibe : exactly i have 1h 142wpf, xbow 81wpf, but you can do 140, 80 and 22.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2011, 08:00:44 am »
Edit for Vibe : exactly i have 1h 142wpf, xbow 81wpf, but you can do 140, 80 and 22.

Ah ok. Just might put that last WM in xbow then.