Author Topic: Im sure this has been brought up....  (Read 1533 times)

Offline Skyline

• Knight
  • Renown: 64
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • My youtube
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Skyline
  • IRC nick: Skyline
Re: Im sure this has been brought up....
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2012, 08:49:34 pm »
I think the benefit of stamina is that it would allow people to choose between being a berserker-type that can be super-effective in short bursts, versus more of an endurance champ that wins through attrition. Just adds another layer of depth as opposed to just str vs agility, and opens up entire new team play tactics (berserkers charge in first as shock troops, then the disciplined warriors move in to clean up).

Thank you.
Common sense is not so common.

"Anyways, there is no TK in this screenshot.  Only one guy killing another"  - Smoothrich

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2012, 11:00:49 pm »
+1
Im not being spammed to death.... its just annoying to have to defend against something that doesnt make sense physically or realistically.
It wouldnt be hard to balance at all either.... im not sure what you think would have to happen but...

The problem with jumping guys???? LOL its unrealistic is why its a problem.... Jump around in a plate suite and see how many times you could do it.... same with swinging a wep the way people do.... go to the fair and see how many times you can swing that mallet to ding the buzzer etc.... 100% fail chance your gunna do it for 7 mins at full power every swing. From a realistic stand point its insane to think someone in plate could swing anything as fast as a naked. But its W/E.... guess we are not shooting for realistic from any stand point other than looks lol

Yeah, alright. Since you're swinging it that angle...

Anyway, here's my opinion on why stamina is a very bad idea (I'll leave off the usual suspects): It would be something you have to pay attention to that isn't the battle at hand. Watching bars on screens? Not suitable to the way this game plays.

Offline Skyline

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • My youtube
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2012, 11:09:24 pm »
Sure it is.... your already watching your health bar.... and this had more to do with balance than realism just fyi.... well its sort of both but

I really hate the fact that people think this is the only game out there that has somewhat realistic combat. There are other games that are similar that use these concepts... and it works fine everywhere else. It seems that it really is more about what people are already comfortable with more than the idea its self.  So ill just stop :/

"Anyways, there is no TK in this screenshot.  Only one guy killing another"  - Smoothrich

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2012, 11:43:21 pm »
+1
Sure it is.... your already watching your health bar.... and this had more to do with balance than realism just fyi.... well its sort of both but

I really hate the fact that people think this is the only game out there that has somewhat realistic combat. There are other games that are similar that use these concepts... and it works fine everywhere else. It seems that it really is more about what people are already comfortable with more than the idea its self.  So ill just stop :/

The heslthbar is irrelevant in the middle of a fight, its either red or its black. You will know when it is black without having to look at it...

Offline Skyline

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • My youtube
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2012, 11:48:07 pm »
yep and you will know when your stam was out too.... when you cant swing any more... no different than knowing when your dead.... lol