Author Topic: 15/21 or 15/24 1h inf  (Read 1599 times)

Offline Jedimaster

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Buying All +3 Sabers
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Natural
  • Game nicks: Jedimaster,HaxIsaNeed
15/21 or 15/24 1h inf
« on: September 14, 2012, 07:22:35 pm »
Hello guys i could use some advice here

15/21                                                                         or                                        15/24
İf:4                                                                                                                         if:4
ps:5                                                                                                                       ps:5
ath:7                                                                                                                      ath:6
shield:7                                                                                                                  shield:5
wm:6                                                                                                                       wm:3

I just want fast swing and fast food im gonna get lighter armor but looks like most ppl sacrifice 8 skill points to get 39 att i dont know if it worths it thanks for the help:))))
Once a Fallen Always a Fallen.My saber has cut for fallens once now its natural but my heart is still with them even in the darkest night..

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
Re: 15/21 or 15/24 1h inf
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 08:04:58 pm »
+1
15/24

you dont need 7 shield and 6 WM.

But why go 24 if you aren't gonna take 8 athletics? Drop WM to 1 and add 2 ATH.

80% of swing speed is footwork (turning with swing), marginal wpf increases above 110-120 don't do shit.

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 08:32:09 pm »
+1
18/21

3 IF
6 PS
7 SHD, ATH

All one-handed WPF.

In my experience, the difference between 7 and 8 athletics, is pretty small, making a 15/24 build kinda bunk. On the other hand, you could get more out of your points if you converted some ironflesh and weapon master into attribute points for higher power strike.

18/21 is the "1h build of kings" as rustyspoon puts it, but if you had to choose between the two builds you listed in the OP, go with 15/21. I'm positive you'd be happier with it. Also, drop one weapon master and max your ironflesh on the 15/21 build. ;)

Offline Jedimaster

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • Buying All +3 Sabers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 08:48:28 pm »
yeah so i know 24 is useless i dont need 18 str i dont get that much damage thanks guys i will give it a try
Once a Fallen Always a Fallen.My saber has cut for fallens once now its natural but my heart is still with them even in the darkest night..

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 08:57:50 pm »
I also recommend the 18/21 build Tom suggested, sexy damage, comfortable maneuvrability, high survivability.

Weapon to go with that?
Niuweidao, KAS, NCS, Military Cleaver, Military Hammer, Elite Scimitar, Scimitar, Fighting Axe etc etc for high tier and long range or long range or simply high tier.

As for low- to mid-tier, take a look at their younger siblings. Liuweidao, Soldier's Cleaver, Arming Sword etc. Good for saving money etc. :)

1h store is lovely, full of items that I'd love to have as +3. Sadly can't have it all! :)
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012, 09:03:48 pm »
No don't do 18/21 build it is weak man.
24/15 is build for real men.  I rage respec mine 18/21 build it was so weak that i couldn't kill anyone.
You need serious power to be killer with 1h weapons. Only way to achive kills is to have at least 7 ps or more.
You can maybie try 21/18,but i would advise you to go with 24/15.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2012, 09:17:13 pm »
+1
1) Get a 24/15 1h
2) Fight wayyyyne, rantrex, fuma, and an assortment of ninjas
3) Whine
4) Fight wayyyyne, rantrex, fuma, and an assortment of ninjas again
5) Commit suicide

Offline Jedimaster

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • Buying All +3 Sabers
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2012, 09:24:06 pm »
Yeah im always at the side of agi my build is 15/21 1h cav atm i mostly be at top 3 when serious pros arent around =) got 7 riding want to spend them at my next build but not sure how to

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2012, 09:46:25 pm »
No don't do 18/21 build it is weak man.
24/15 is build for real men.  I rage respec mine 18/21 build it was so weak that i couldn't kill anyone.
You need serious power to be killer with 1h weapons. Only way to achive kills is to have at least 7 ps or more.
You can maybie try 21/18,but i would advise you to go with 24/15.

24/15 is a good build until you fight someone halfway decent. If you're fighting a balanced two-hander or pole user who knows what they're doing you won't even be able to hit them. Your shield will break in a few swings and they also dramatically outdamage you. Balanced builds are still best for 1-handers. Too much agi and 1 team-hitting teammate will fuck you. Too much strength and you're at the mercy of every backpeddling, kicking 2h/pole user.

Also, strength scales really badly for 1-handers. Due to the fact that PS is a percentage-based increase, weapon with low initial damage values benefit far less than weapons with higher initial damage values. The highest cut damage 1-hander does 37. The second-worst 2-hander does 36.

1-handers don't win the PS game and initial damage values are more important than slight differences in PS anyway. If you really care about the damage game, get yourself a blunt weapon. All the 1h blunt weapons are super-short and benefit much more from higher athletics.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jedimaster

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • Buying All +3 Sabers
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2012, 09:55:06 pm »
Got mw arabian cav sword its good for swing never got used to stab anyway and i agree with you spoon i just need to take the risk coming from teammates 15/21 is good for me i kill good with it just needed to know how to make my swing faster

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2012, 10:03:02 pm »
Got mw arabian cav sword its good for swing never got used to stab anyway and i agree with you spoon i just need to take the risk coming from teammates 15/21 is good for me i kill good with it just needed to know how to make my swing faster

Fast weapons benefit the least from added WPF. So there's not much you can do to increase your raw swing speed. Athletics helps you move into your swing faster, which lets you hit earlier in your swing. So, it's kind of like swinging faster.

The devs have also stated that they plan on flattening the WPF curve. I'm curious to see how much they flatten it. Depending on the amount, you may notice a large difference if you REALLY stack WPF.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline elpigeon

• Knight
  • Renown: 25
  • cRPG Player
  • Power of the Pigeon
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pecores
  • Game nicks: Elpigeon / Guano / Fiente
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2012, 10:32:26 am »
I'm actually 18/21 with deadly military pick (33 pierce)

6 PS
5 shield
7 athl
5 WM

I try before 15/21 3 IF 5 PS 7shield 7 WM 7 athl

160+ in 1H is pretty awesome. And Your shield in unbreakable. but you hit like anemic chicken. I did'nt notice big differenece between 3 If and 0.

I'd like 21/15 with sword, but with 7 athle you can use little vicious weapon !

I think with 18/21, your role is to go with your athletics significant help in every place where there is weakness., especially when you can spam a guy in ass ! With 5 ahtl, you are slower, you will be less free electron, and the heart of the fray. Two different roles in short. But two interesting ways
Pigeon shits over you.

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2012, 01:20:44 pm »
24/15 is a good build until you fight someone halfway decent. If you're fighting a balanced two-hander or pole user who knows what they're doing you won't even be able to hit them. Your shield will break in a few swings and they also dramatically outdamage you. Balanced builds are still best for 1-handers. Too much agi and 1 team-hitting teammate will fuck you. Too much strength and you're at the mercy of every backpeddling, kicking 2h/pole user.

Also, strength scales really badly for 1-handers. Due to the fact that PS is a percentage-based increase, weapon with low initial damage values benefit far less than weapons with higher initial damage values. The highest cut damage 1-hander does 37. The second-worst 2-hander does 36.

1-handers don't win the PS game and initial damage values are more important than slight differences in PS anyway. If you really care about the damage game, get yourself a blunt weapon. All the 1h blunt weapons are super-short and benefit much more from higher athletics.
then don't duel them.
Follow main grop,or let clanmate support you,get mw weapon and heavy or loomed medium armor,max if and go to kill.
Only way you can survive on EU1 now with this ammount of ranged and cav. I would reccomend at least 60 body armor,mw shield,mw weapons,50 and over head amor and be a tank.