Author Topic: Yellow crosshair with 3 coloured dots? Can you change between arrow types?  (Read 1216 times)

Offline juv95hrn

• Baron
  • Renown: 149
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Hello,

I guess I might as well introduce myself a little.

I am new to cRPG even if I played a little single player M&B, M&B WB and some Death Match in all 3 of the series and lately the Napoleonic Mod. I really enjoy this mod even if I find it very challeninging. It's the challenge that makes it so fun.

I have a few beginners questions about my archer.

Sometimes after a Siege combat when the map changes my reticle/hair cross changes from white to yellow for the entire round. What does this indicate? What effect does it give?

Also the reticle has 3 coloured dots. This is from vanilla M&B but I forgot what they indicate. Can someone refresh my memory.

Also if I carry two sorts of arrows (bodkin/tatar) can I decide what type of arrow to fire before each shot? With X or how?

Thanks in advance.

Regarding my first archer. I am so far rather terrible at melee so I will make a fast archer that I take are extremely popular in the game. At level 23 I start hitting things and I'm rather good at positioning myself. I choosing between a blunt weapon to knockdown people so I can runaway or a Langes Messer so I can defend myself in an emergency. Advice is welcome regarding this.

I plan on making a fast archer. But I can't quite make up my mind if I want to try the STR 18 bows (PD 6) on my first run through or stick with a faster, more agile cowardly archer that can support my team rather than try to get in some more kills. I figure the horn bow might be challenging enough for now.

These are my 2 suggested builds for the first generation:

Level 30
Strength: 18
Agility: 24

Skills to attributes: 14

Athletics: 5
Power Draw: 6
Weapon Master: 6
One Handed: 60
Archery: 150

Level 30

Strength: 15

Skills to attributes: 8

Power Strike: 2
Athletics: 8
Power Draw: 5
Weapon Master: 8

Questions:

Will 150 Archery be enough? I'm decent at hitting things.

My plan is to sell my first 2 heirloom points and buy a 3 point item (bow or arrows maybe) to speed up my item development. Good?

In summary:

- Yellow reticle
- 3 couloured dots
- mace or sword for bad melee fighters
- PD 5 or 6 for a beginner
- 150 or higher archery

Finally I am very interested in knowing more about strategus and mercenary combat but I am still too busy picking up the basics of the game to read through the forums of att the details of this. If any guild or group need a mature, polite and serious beginner feel welcome to contact me for advice, invitations ot what-not.

My characters are all named something along Bxbb in the game. Bibb for archer, Bybb for Shield/thrown and Bebb for 2H (poor thing).

See  you in the game!

EDIT:

I mostly play Siege for now.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 11:15:12 am by juv95hrn »

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
Re: Yellow crosshair with 3 coloured dots? Can you change between arrow types?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 12:22:59 pm »
+2
Hello,

I guess I might as well introduce myself a little.

I am new to cRPG even if I played a little single player M&B, M&B WB and some Death Match in all 3 of the series and lately the Napoleonic Mod. I really enjoy this mod even if I find it very challeninging. It's the challenge that makes it so fun.

Glad you're enjoying it. Welcome.

Sometimes after a Siege combat when the map changes my reticle/hair cross changes from white to yellow for the entire round. What does this indicate? What effect does it give?

Also the reticle has 3 coloured dots. This is from vanilla M&B but I forgot what they indicate. Can someone refresh my memory.

No idea. Been a while since I've been an archer but I don't remember the reticule ever changing color between rounds. Maybe a bug?

Also if I carry two sorts of arrows (bodkin/tatar) can I decide what type of arrow to fire before each shot? With X or how?

No but it has been suggested. Hopefully they will allow this since it'd be nice.

Regarding my first archer. I am so far rather terrible at melee so I will make a fast archer that I take are extremely popular in the game. At level 23 I start hitting things and I'm rather good at positioning myself. I choosing between a blunt weapon to knockdown people so I can runaway or a Langes Messer so I can defend myself in an emergency. Advice is welcome regarding this.

Depending on your build (and if the 2 builds below are the only choices you're going with), you're either going to have no PS or very little PS. Thus I would recommend the mace over the langes simply because of the blunt damage. The knockdown certainly helps though. If you use a rus though, keep in mind the mace or the langes will limit you to 1 quiver of arrows because of the slot system.

I plan on making a fast archer. But I can't quite make up my mind if I want to try the STR 18 bows (PD 6) on my first run through or stick with a faster, more agile cowardly archer that can support my team rather than try to get in some more kills. I figure the horn bow might be challenging enough for now.

These are my 2 suggested builds for the first generation:

Level 30
Strength: 18

Skills to attributes: 14

Athletics: 5
Power Draw: 6
Weapon Master: 6

Level 30

Strength: 15

Skills to attributes: 8

Power Strike: 2
Athletics: 8
Power Draw: 5
Weapon Master: 8

I would go with this build for a rus char.

(click to show/hide)

The horn one seems fine. Its your decision either way. Horn will allow you to be more accurate. I'd either switch the wpf on the horn bow build to 2h or put it all into archery myself, especially if you are using the mace.

Will 150 Archery be enough? I'm decent at hitting things.

Should be fine but with archery, the more wpf the better.

My plan is to sell my first 2 heirloom points and buy a 3 point item (bow or arrows maybe) to speed up my item development. Good?

Definitely a good plan. Not sure how much gold you'll have after 2 retirements though since archers have a hard time making money with their arrows breaking, especially if you use bodkins.

Finally I am very interested in knowing more about strategus and mercenary combat but I am still too busy picking up the basics of the game to read through the forums of att the details of this. If any guild or group need a mature, polite and serious beginner feel welcome to contact me for advice, invitations ot what-not.

There are many clans that would take you. Try the Faction Halls and look for a clan that fits you. Make sure you join a NA clan if you're NA or EU if you're EU. Just more fun that way. http://forum.meleegaming.com/faction-halls/.

See you in the game!

You too!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Snow Gibbon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: NixSimius, ButteredCorn, Urist_The_Overgrown_Dwarf
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 01:54:55 pm »
+2
It changes colour so you can see it in the snow.

Offline juv95hrn

• Baron
  • Renown: 149
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 05:17:52 pm »
+1
Thank you guys for some excellent advice.

This forum is very friendly and people are even ok in-game.

Will increased 1H-wpf help me achieve a knockdown?

Will a more expensive blunt weapon help me achieve a knockdown? (I have a hard time making money as you point out even with tatar bow and tatar arrows. Need a bit of luck with high multiplicator to not break even)

Will points in PS help me achieve a knockdown?

If not I don't think I will put anything in melee at all.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 05:36:33 pm »
Max wpf you should invest in 1h is 50 imo, otherwise its a waste of archery WPF, id say go for iberian mace I think knockdown has something to do with weapon weight/ps but im not sure, but knockdown is véry common from my experience. If your build allows it you could invest some points in ps.

I am also curious if 1h wpf increases the chanceto knockdown your opponent!

Correct me if im wrong, im not an expert in archery.  :)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 05:40:16 pm by Joseph_Porta »
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Sarpton

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hurlbat
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 07:41:54 pm »
For knockdown its base damage>weight>PS>speed bonus.  But the most chance you can get is iirc 40% with a greatmaul with ps 10.  So really use what your good with and don't rely on knockdowns.  They are nice when they happen but don't try to build to rely on them.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login