Author Topic: People who have taught/inspired you.  (Read 18893 times)

Offline Rage_Guy

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 123
  • cRPG Player
  • L to the ATVIA, bitch.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Latvian Potato Empire
Re: People who have taught/inspired you.
« Reply #225 on: August 11, 2012, 08:24:01 pm »
+1
39. Rage Guy
(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Spanish

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 2h Cav Star of the year award winner.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The official Drama Llama of Knights_Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Spaniard, BowPersona, Span
« Reply #226 on: August 11, 2012, 08:31:42 pm »
+3
Spainish: Inspired me to stay in the closet  :rolleyes:

It's Spanish not spainish or spainard -_______-

Love to uumdi, tug and splooge for mentioning me and anyone else I might have missed!

I've honestly learned a lot from everybody who plays this mod especially the guys in chaos (karma and canary especially) and the FCC guys mainly the cav teaching me how to cav and fallen back in the good old day for shooting me up cuz I can now dodge arrows ;)

But obvisouly it was the Hosperglers who have taught me the most devestater for recrutin/training me and sticking up for me when I'm bein a bitch. Peppovitch for being a great leader and master strategist on the field. Develize for being a cocky douchebag and the rest of hosps for being great clan mates and sticking together.

People who have inspired my current build suuper3 for the 2h cav, Mirey for the build and murchad for showing me the ways of he Arabian warhorse!
My horse is named pebbles and we like to try.

Offline To Kill A Dead Horse

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • May be insane
    • View Profile
  • Faction: (Former) The Black Guard, (Current) Swiss AoW
  • Game nicks: To_Kill_A_Dead_Horse, GaugofWar
  • IRC nick: TKADH
« Reply #227 on: August 11, 2012, 08:46:18 pm »
+2
Still mad about this eh? The best part is that I was legit excited when u applied as you've always been a  good player. If you'd actually made an effort to follow the same guidelines of application that everyone else followed instead of acting like such a rude, entitled prick from the get go you probably would have gotten in easily.

rabble rabble rabble. I would argue with this, but I perfer to keep my drama off the threads.
Quote from: Baggy
If your going to be staring at your characters ass in game all day it might as well be a female one.
[21:08:47] Downloading Textures/this_is_how_children_see_gnjus_norm.dds

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #228 on: August 12, 2012, 01:02:33 am »
+1
Only person that comes to mind for me is San. I do not claim him to be the best duelist, or the most "skilled"(although he'll bend just about anyone he can find over his knee in a duel as well), but never have I seen a player in this mod that is as brutally effective as him in killing the fuck out of everyone while dying as little as possible. I always imagine him not as a human, but as a machine that has been constructed for the sole purpose of murder. I've never seen him fail to pay attention to anything, or find himself in the middle of 5 enemies without his entire team dying first. And he's really knowledgeable about most things in the mod, and I've never once seen him act rudely to another player.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 06:14:32 am by Sandersson Jankins »

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline Sumdum Takeda

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 12, 2012, 04:24:06 pm »
Jesus, is this game THAT old.  I remember fighting Gafferjack like every opportunity just to somehow achieve his level of 2h dominance.  Dude was lightning with a plain longsword.  Nevermind Canary, Beatrix, John_RS and all the rest of the titans.  I ran from them ;)  Still miss being able to spin attack on Archistae though...I think I inspired a few there myself.

Offline Syls

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 15
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kingdom of Veluca
  • Game nicks: Syls
« Reply #231 on: August 12, 2012, 04:33:07 pm »
Saulcanner and Cyranule both taught me that there is always someone that can kick your ass in duel  :D

Offline Uumdi

• Duke
  • Renown: 651
  • Infamy: 59
  • Ready to Die
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Uumdi_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Uumdi
« Reply #232 on: August 12, 2012, 05:07:52 pm »
Jesus, is this game THAT old.  I remember fighting Gafferjack like every opportunity just to somehow achieve his level of 2h dominance.  Dude was lightning with a plain longsword.  Nevermind Canary, Beatrix, John_RS and all the rest of the titans.  I ran from them ;)  Still miss being able to spin attack on Archistae though...I think I inspired a few there myself.

Gafferjack was instantly one of my favorites on the mod too.  You'd see the padded leather on a packed siege server and know death was coming for you.  Personally that was my favorite build of the mod, before slots became a knavery.

Ten shots of prayers, ten shots a day
A shot of thrill to hide the pain.
They can`t win, they just don`t cry,
The troopers know they live to die.

Offline Vkvkvk

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 13, 2012, 12:20:20 am »
+1
Gafferjack was instantly one of my favorites on the mod too.  You'd see the padded leather on a packed siege server and know death was coming for you.  Personally that was my favorite build of the mod, before slots became a knavery.

Padded Leather with that god damned longsword and pocket pike, bro.

Klappvisier from times to times too.

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 13, 2012, 12:46:51 am »
Urist came into the closed beta in the batch just before me and was the first player I ever saw do a feint at a time when no one had started feinting yet; inspired me to learn to do the same.

Offline 7000bc

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 10
  • Vae Victus, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Roma
  • Game nicks: Varros
« Reply #235 on: September 09, 2012, 02:10:14 am »
+1
Almost all the old RS crew for everything in general and teamwork, lots of it. I remember seeing the lot of them on a server and thinking, "They're having so much fun together, I need to be in that clan." Ever since, I have, even in the split factions. And the Templars Rubicon Passenger and Grandmaster Growl for being my first clan. God shouting 'God wills it' was fun.
For polearm inspiration: Dexxtaa, Rhaelys, Canary, Sauce, Beeper
Hoplites especially: Socraties, Kophka, Spoons
Huey_Newton for inspiring me to be more than a decent cav for about half a generation
Lord_Lurk for simply being a good duel buddy

Special shoutout to Chimp for convincing me after a multitude of sucessfull chambers that I needed to learn how to manual block asap.
And lastly, the long gone Patrick for making me keep getting better and putting me down when I did.
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Lannistark

• Duke
  • Renown: 586
  • Infamy: 118
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Duke
« Reply #236 on: September 09, 2012, 11:50:43 am »
Urist came into the closed beta in the batch just before me and was the first player I ever saw do a feint at a time when no one had started feinting yet; inspired me to learn to do the same.

Urist was and is pro. Too bad most people don't get to see him play, he "officially" sticks around the Rageball Server, and "unofficially" in the Duel Server with  wierd as fuck japanese names.

His skill with the italian made me go 1h for one gen.