Author Topic: What's the best horse and lance for a hardhitting cavalry?  (Read 961 times)

Offline theprojectnemesis

• Noble
  • Renown: 22
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
What's the best horse and lance for a hardhitting cavalry?
« on: September 08, 2012, 03:40:04 am »
Thinking about going cavalry but more of a 1 hitter type and not sure about which lance to use and which horse too and must i bring a shield and a 1h with me when my horse gets killed?

Offline Muki

• Earl
  • Renown: 455
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • 偽善正義
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Exile
  • Game nicks: Muki
  • IRC nick: Muki, Muki39
Re: What's the best horse and lance for a hardhitting cavalry?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 04:46:27 am »
Get a

Lance or Heavy lance. I prefer the Lance since it has a faster thrust than the heavy lance
Destrier is a good horse through be careful going cav due to upkeep. Other choice is the Courser due to it's speed

The Shield is not needed through it helps when charging archers/throwers/xbows

I do recommend for a sidearm that can be used on horse back, there is a couple of polearms and 2hs that can be used on horseback
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

As a volunteer admin I clearly have no life and live only to eradicate all fun and enjoyment from the game. Your tears of rage are all the payment I need.
Yes I drew most of my avatars

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 05:27:40 am »
Well it kinda depends what you count as "hard hitting" cav. As in str will give you higher ps + bigger base damage, but agi gives you more riding and thus more acceleration, manouver and speed and speed always gives you more damage. There is no simple answer to that question. If you want to 1 hit people you also need to actually hit the target, which might be difficult with low riding builds. Still if you don't hit the head you will most likely have to take another turn and hit him once more even if you have high strength.

I use heavy lance and arabian/courser. Some cheaper horses are fine too if you know how to use them. Desert horse and Rouncey are good low cost horses. I don't like normal lance. Light lance is better in my opinion of the other two ;)
EDIT: Sidearm could be basically anything. Depends on if you want to take a shield or not. Without shield you can take some 2slot polearm that you'll use once you get dismounted (good thing is that you don't have to split your wpf. Just the way I like it. You might like some 1h proficiency for example? You have to decide yourself)

Couple guides:
Builds and stuff
http://forum.meleegaming.com/guides/(guide)-toffi's-cavalry-guide-(big-update)/

Tactics, that make you a hard hitting cav (build is irrelevant)
http://forum.meleegaming.com/guides/(guide)-son-of-odin's-cav-guide-(lancer)/

Kill :wink:
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 05:33:29 am by Son Of Odin »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline theprojectnemesis

• Noble
  • Renown: 22
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 05:46:21 am »
ok and if i decide to go full strenght as 2h which is my other choice should i even put 1 in WM and 1 in Athletics as i will only have 3 agility?