Author Topic: Zlisch' Scene Editing Contest! Current Prizemoney 1300k and THREE loompoints!  (Read 1373 times)

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
If you wanna use gates but not as deathtraps why not use them as regular bridges? A design were both teams spawn on two sides of a canyon with one large raised area in the center being reachable by turning the winches located in the area bellow?

Also, sorry for not allowing siege maps but there are two main reasons for this, a potential flood of new shitty siege maps would kill the siege servers more than shit battle maps would kill the battle servers until they're removed, and pure siege and pure battle players voting is really just gonna make it the mode with the most players and with a map that is far better than the other maps (so all siege players purely vote for that one siege map while all battle players vote for three maps for example), it just wouldn't work out.

Well, yeah, some kind of bridge. Each team would spawn close to a winch which triggers 2 horizontal gates approaching each other. At the end i would make another 2 winches with vertical gates for ultimate melee-showdown when opened. More like some kind of tunnel. And of course some sideways so you are able to backstab the guys on the gates. But i need to figure out how to do that exactly.

Nah, it's okay not to implement siege-maps here, i figured why you did that.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
Bump
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Any entries yet ?

Also, is the map guaranteed to find its way to an official EU server if it is chosen ?

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Any entries yet ?

Also, is the map guaranteed to find its way to an official EU server if it is chosen ?
Kafein check the actual thread, we currently only have Apsods entry, the overall plan is to attempt to get people to put some hard work into maps for the amazing prize then once the maps are all on EU_1/4/NA_1 after the patch (if for whatever reason your map cannot get added to those servers it won't be in our polls anyway) we start voting for who receives the prize.
And that is why you should make a map Kafein.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Elio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 737
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The treeee!
    • View Profile
    • Calradia's Maps Explorer
  • Game nicks: Elio
lol 3 loompoints, Elio must be really pissed at the maprotation. :D
I play mostly on DTV :oops:

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
+1
Kafein check the actual thread, we currently only have Apsods entry, the overall plan is to attempt to get people to put some hard work into maps for the amazing prize then once the maps are all on EU_1/4/NA_1 after the patch (if for whatever reason your map cannot get added to those servers it won't be in our polls anyway) we start voting for who receives the prize.
And that is why you should make a map Kafein.

Nice, actually I've been keeping a scene file of a half interior castle for quite some time, this motivates me to finish it. All the secondary stuff like adding plants and small eye candy objects bores me to death. I will keep on refining it until I judge it okay to show. I'm also struggling with those buggy interior circle stairs but other maps have them so I suppose it's not that bad.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
+1
If you need donations I can give some gold. I, sadly, have not even tried to open the scene editor. I wanted to try but I don't have a clue what to do or how to implement spawns, etc.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Bump

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
If you need donations I can give some gold. I, sadly, have not even tried to open the scene editor. I wanted to try but I don't have a clue what to do or how to implement spawns, etc.
Check the tutorial threads, after reading a bit it isn't actually that complex.

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Bump for freedom.

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Bump and a fixed banner.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
+1
Nice, actually I've been keeping a scene file of a half interior castle for quite some time, this motivates me to finish it. All the secondary stuff like adding plants and small eye candy objects bores me to death. I will keep on refining it until I judge it okay to show. I'm also struggling with those buggy interior circle stairs but other maps have them so I suppose it's not that bad.

You could try to smooth out the stairs with barrier objects to walk on, you know, those things that are usually used to create annoying invisible walls.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
BUMP FOR RESURRECTION AND STUFF