Author Topic: Possible Solution for the Crushthrough Problem  (Read 2084 times)

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
Re: Possible Solution for the Crushthrough Problem
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2011, 12:59:24 pm »
Not to mention, the barmace has some considerable phantom reach.

And I agree with Zisa & Saint, you should be able to chamberblock the overhead successfully.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2011, 01:37:52 pm »
100% in agreement with this suggestion. Its almost realistic its logical would justify certain shorter slower polearms and the polearm modes that swords have. Do it. And on another note please dont nerf long iron mace :evil: just up its cost i can understand nerfing the barmace because of its popularity but...

... then people will switch to Long Iron Mace and we will have same problem again. So nerf both, LIM and BM.

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2011, 01:57:42 pm »
Fight me troll. Long Iron Mace is cool and it would be very unrealistic for it to be nerfed, maybe speed but its other special powers gtfo.
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2011, 02:02:44 pm »
Fight me troll. Long Iron Mace is cool and it would be very unrealistic for it to be nerfed, maybe speed but its other special powers gtfo.
lol
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2011, 05:31:54 pm »
Hey, let's nerf the barmace but not the long iron mace, because the barmace is popular and the long iron mace is not!

Let's also ignore the fact that once the barmace will be nerfed, the long iron mace will be the new FOTM weapon!

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2011, 01:43:21 am »
Hey, let's nerf the barmace but not the long iron mace, because the barmace is popular and the long iron mace is not!

Let's also ignore the fact that once the barmace will be nerfed, the long iron mace will be the new FOTM weapon!

Well, nerfing weapons becoming too popular is the way to go. If it is done little by little, you can improve balance. But cRPG developpers tend to change too many things at once.

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2011, 02:58:40 am »
Hey i have a great idea if you get killed by a weapon lets NERF IT because eventually every weapon will be so weak that you will be indestructible. WTF. I understand that sometimes weapons are OP but with upkeep you pay for a good weapon every single round. Dont nerf my mace or ill hit you with it.
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: IG
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2011, 04:15:04 am »
Hey i have a great idea if you get killed by a weapon lets NERF IT because eventually every weapon will be so weak that you will be indestructible. WTF. I understand that sometimes weapons are OP but with upkeep you pay for a good weapon every single round. Dont nerf my mace or ill hit you with it.

If you mean your iron or barmace then your mace is getting nerfed whether you like it or not. It also deserves to be nerfed because it's overpowered as hell.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2011, 06:37:18 am »
Devs already confirmed barmace & long iron mace nerfing [losing crush through, possibly gaining damage] with logical realism and balance reasons.

we're all just waiting for when they finally patch everything.

*p.s. devs, you don't need to have balance updates coincide with content updates. Having a couple more updates to download is better than waiting a long time with broken shit. Thanks~
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.