Author Topic: 1 hand right swing.  (Read 2502 times)

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
Re: 1 hand right swing.
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2012, 12:38:55 pm »

Whats so hard to explain? Every godamn weapon has ghost range. The worst is great maul over heads

it is problem with your connection,not engine problem. cmp explained this once.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2012, 12:44:43 pm »
I personally SPAM people with right swing, just move left of them.

Offline bonekuukkeli

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Xawi_von_Perkele
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2012, 01:16:16 pm »
What???? There's one direction of 1h that people can actually notice and fight against???? Buff 1h right direction!

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2012, 03:36:38 pm »
+1
It's slow and it glances, but it's the one swing where you can do a ton of neat little tricks with it for 1h. The animation itself also has this odd ghost reach that can't be explained.

It's got kind of a "hook" animation. It will glance during the extension part of the swing (unlike left swing), but once the weapon turns in, it will connect.

Once you learn its sweet spots, and how to move properly with it to both speed it up and get the sweet spot more exposure, you have diminished the weaknesses of it significantly.

Offline Tindel

• Earl
  • Renown: 333
  • Infamy: 238
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tindel
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2012, 04:00:53 pm »
Just dont use it up close, you get the most of it at maximum range while moving into your swing.

Think of it like you have a bat in your hand and try to hit a ball, the sweetspot is well into the swing, so the ball will go far.

If you are close and hit early in animation it will glance

Offline TehSoviet

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Blondekhan_BRD
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2012, 07:49:11 pm »
Hey Guys,

I don't know about you but this is annoying.  As most of you guys know, the way the combat mechanics work in this game is by turns.  My turn, your turn and so on and so forth.  What I found is that when I am fighting 2 hand agility guys with my 1 hand. the delay on the right hand swing breaks that mechanic.  Standing infront of me a 2 hander agility guy can do this: 

2 hand swings, I block, I go to return the attack with the right swing and the 2 hand has enough time before my swing releases to attack me again. 

In this way he can use his attack turn and then attack me again during my attack turn :shock:.  This clearly breaks the combat mechanics of the game, not to mention its a hudge advantage to 2 handers. 

This puts the 1 hander at a big disadvantage, currently the stab on 1 hander is mostly unusable the overhead misses about 60% of the time, therefore the only reliable attack the 1 hander has left against an agility 2 hander is the left swing.  Easily predictable and rather short range.

Knowing that a good 2 hander will simply fight just on his outer reach of his sword and retreat just enough after his attack phase to escape any counter from the left swing.  So the 1 hander has the hard choice of:

1.)  Chasing the opponent (bad idead cause with high agility and a long weapon the 2 hand has the initiative and advantage in the movement game)
2.)  Keep blocking and hope a teammate shows up and helps you out.
3.)  Keep the fight going long enough to move it to a tighter space (many times not available) 

Can we please give the 1 hander more tools in the tool box, because currently 3 of his 4 tools are unreliable.

Cheers,

Formless. 

Turns exist, but under the right conditions they can be cancelled out, and one party can get in 2 - 3 swings. Doing an overhead, for example, can allow the opponent to strike you twice. So can attacking in the direction from which they are moving away from, AKA castoring, AKA what happened to you. He moves away from your attack and hits you from your other, unprotected side.

I'm a my old friend and I like to quote the OP.