Author Topic: Armor/Weapon - Engravings.  (Read 912 times)

Offline Birds

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: (GyB) Got your Back
  • Game nicks: Pharaoh_GyB
  • IRC nick: Birds
Armor/Weapon - Engravings.
« on: April 09, 2011, 06:38:29 pm »
Maybe for retirement, to know that the weapon may belong to someone, you get an emblem put on your weapon/armor to make it unique. I think this would be cool to show certain details about a member of the community. I think it would promote the reitrement system and make it more wanted, for lack of a better word, so people have that desire to build up. I think at retirement, you could pay some gold and make the engraving on the item of your choice. Just so people with gold flowing threw their teeth can spend it maybe.. Just an Idea.. (:
I can picture a world without war, a world without hate, a war where everyone gets along. I can also picture us destroying it, becuase they would not expect it.

Offline Allers

• Count
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player
  • Ca$hville
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ca$hville Records, Ruff Ryders
  • Game nicks: Allers, Young Buck, DMX
  • IRC nick: Allers
Re: Armor/Weapon - Engravings.
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 06:44:47 pm »
The question is hao do we do it?????????? :o
Ca$hville 615

Offline Birds

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 06:49:22 pm »
I Don't Really Know.. lol if I did.. I would have made a different version of this game already.. :/
I can picture a world without war, a world without hate, a war where everyone gets along. I can also picture us destroying it, becuase they would not expect it.

Offline MadJackMcMad

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • Hawk the Slayer's Rubbish.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 22nd_Grumpy, 22nd_MadJackMcMad
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 06:52:13 pm »
It would essentially require a new and retextured item for every single heirloom currently existing in the game.  See you next year.
ABSURDITY, n. A statement or belief manifestly inconsistent with one's own opinion.

Offline Birds

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2011, 06:54:11 pm »
Oh... well... It would make the game better... IMO

Offline jspook

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Auphan
  • Game nicks: Pit
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2011, 07:29:51 pm »
a unique texture on each item..... think about how that would bog down the server every time you loaded a new map.  lagggggg
I do think a different texture overall for all the masterworked weapons would be nice....  just not a unique one for every single person
"Scissors needs a nerf because he beats me every time, but rock is just fine" - paper

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2011, 07:35:22 pm »
Undoable and everybody already finds heirlooms interesting enough.

Offline Kophka

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • for the final ride
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Kophka/Koschei
  • IRC nick: Kophka
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2011, 07:54:53 pm »
It's actually perfectly possible, but it would take a lot of work. We do NOT want the devs to add a new item for every mw item in the game. It'd take a lot of time away from the work they are already doing, both to make the items, AND to write a script that would force switch your item for the "ornate one", which is what the game would have to do everytime you logged in with that weapon. Meow came up with the idea of making a separate "Ornate items" texture pack, kind of like the banner pack. You can put it in, and have all the ornate items you want. Drawback is that all items with the same model would be made ornate, but maybe someone else can take the idea and come up with a solution.