Author Topic: Battlefield 3  (Read 45248 times)

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefield 3
« Reply #810 on: September 24, 2012, 11:34:47 pm »
Premium why are you so expensive...

Yeah, seriously. Charging the price of a full game for some DLC? GG EA.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 11:43:37 pm by okiN »
Don't.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: September 24, 2012, 11:49:55 pm »
Yeah, seriously. Charging the price of a full game for some DLC? GG EA.

Not that I like defending EA, because they are moneygrabbers extraordinaire, but it's actually 4 DLC's you're getting with premium, making it about 12€ per DLC.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: September 25, 2012, 12:14:39 am »
Yes, "some DLC" doesn't imply that there's only one item. The price point is still totally unjustified IMO given the amount of content.
Don't.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: September 25, 2012, 06:02:55 pm »
Buying premium now is not a good deal IMO.

If you don't have the preorder b2k edition, you get 5 DLCs, 2 of which aren't even out.

So that's a 25 euros economy if you don't already have b2k and are sure you will be playing all the DLCs. That's asking a lot tbh. For me only armored kill sounds interesting. CQ is just some "variety" for 64p metro tards.

Finally, I don't feel at all like I need new content, and it seems many premium buyers didn't really think that through. They are very frequent on servers playing only vanilla maps, they might as well not buy it if they aren't going to play the new maps and gamemodes.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: September 25, 2012, 06:20:30 pm »
So that's a 25 euros economy if you don't already have b2k and are sure you will be playing all the DLCs. That's asking a lot tbh. For me only armored kill sounds interesting. CQ is just some "variety" for 64p metro tards.

The funny part is that I hate metro, but I ended up playing a load of it because it's by far the fastest and easiest way to grind unlocks. Tells you a lot about the quality of game design here.
Don't.

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: September 25, 2012, 08:22:53 pm »
The funny part is that I hate metro, but I ended up playing a load of it because it's by far the fastest and easiest way to grind unlocks. Tells you a lot about the quality of game design here.

Yep, I did exactly the same thing. When I was playing with a friend at some point when on the russian side we spent the whole round sending repair bots to the enemy, sometimes getting the unlikely "WALL-E kill", the team doesn't need you anyway. That's how boring metro is :lol:

Tbh, most clusterfucks in BF3 are not that bad, especially in rush, but in conquest mode it's just retarded map design.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: September 25, 2012, 09:03:13 pm »
Yep. But if you have an LMG, medpack, ammo pack or projectile explosive? ALL THE POINTS

I hate Rush just as bad, though. Totally kills the game for me. It's all about Conquest.
Don't.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: September 25, 2012, 09:12:23 pm »
+1
Obviously Metro is only used as a meatgrinder (massif xp), thus I never played it much. Enjoying Seine and Strike on Karkand a lot actually, which surprised me because I thought I would like open, vehicle maps more. I do like the new AK maps, but I guess I'm more of an urban warfare guy (think Aftermath or Endgame is going to bring more city maps).

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: September 25, 2012, 09:40:42 pm »
Obviously Metro is only used as a meatgrinder (massif xp), thus I never played it much. Enjoying Seine and Strike on Karkand a lot actually, which surprised me because I thought I would like open, vehicle maps more. I do like the new AK maps, but I guess I'm more of an urban warfare guy (think Aftermath or Endgame is going to bring more city maps).

Actually, I love karkand in BF3 as much as I hated it (with a passion) in BF2. Seine crossing is a very nice map.

I also happen to be a vehicule enthusiast, but on most maps I tend to do worse in a tank, jet or heli than what I would acheive on foot. I suppose part of the reason is because no vanilla map is actually open. Caspian, firestorm... even kharg has buildings everywhere. I would joyfully pay for maps like dragon valley in BF3. Also, jets are terribly UP. Only good at fighting... other jets.

Yep. But if you have an LMG, medpack, ammo pack or projectile explosive? ALL THE POINTS

I hate Rush just as bad, though. Totally kills the game for me. It's all about Conquest.

I enjoy rush when I play alone. The action is constant, you can be a teamplayer without voip and you don't get killed "cheaply" as often. Also, rounds are much shorter (all conquest servers have billions of tickets now, wtf is wrong with those guys, I mean, what's the point ?)

Offline Tyrell

• Baron
  • Renown: 126
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: Tyrell, Prince Aegon, Date_Masamune
« Reply #819 on: September 25, 2012, 11:19:39 pm »
Tank Superiority on Bandar is fun as hell on the 360, I can't imagine how it is on PC. AK is probably the only DLC I'll get unless there's some air overhaul.
Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

LIBERNATE

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: December 05, 2012, 08:32:44 am »
So, new DLC Aftermath is out, what is everyone's opinion? I only played 4 rounds of Scavenger on the new maps, dunno what to think. I guess Scavenger is somewhat fun, xbow is cool, I'm not sure if I like the maps though. Feels a lot like Close Quarters, only slightly bigger. And all those ruins and destroyed stuff lying on the floor only makes it a hassle to walk through.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: December 05, 2012, 08:33:42 am »
So, new Aftermath is out, what is everyone's opinion? I only played 4 rounds of Scavenger on the new maps, dunno what to think. I guess Scavenger is somewhat fun, xbow is cool, I'm not sure if I like the maps though. Feels a lot like Close Quarters, only slightly bigger. And all those ruins and destroyed stuff lying on the floor only makes it a hassle to walk through.

Bet u think ur cool roleplaying DaveUKR now.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: December 05, 2012, 08:37:18 am »
Bet u think ur cool roleplaying DaveUKR now.

there's no construction sites in Battlefield 3, so roleplaying him is impossible

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: December 05, 2012, 09:00:34 am »
U could C4 some building and thus VOILA. Construction Sites.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #824 on: December 05, 2012, 09:21:56 am »
Haven't played BF3 in maybe 3 months now, for me BF3 was a bit of a let down, personally I enjoy playing Bad Company 2 more.