Author Topic: scoring system with valor  (Read 224 times)

Offline MASTER_KILLER

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
scoring system with valor
« on: August 06, 2012, 11:44:06 pm »
+2
So I was just thinking that since this new scoring system was implemented and it is a somewhat good indication of what players are doing during the round that maybe it could be incorporated into the valor system. I'll explain it with an example to best illustrate what I am thinking.

Example
It's round 2 and Player 1 has 25 points. Half way through the round Player 1 dies but now has 80 points. Of course this means he gained 55 points that round and isn't going to get valor. Now lets just say that Player 1 gained the most points for THAT round. Player 1 isn't necessarily in the top of scoreboard but gained the most points for that round. Their team wins that round and Player 1 gets valor because of what Player 1 contributed to that round, gaining 55 points (whether it's Player 1s actions that made their team win or not is subject for another discussion but not here for this example).

So bacially what I'm saying here is since valor is only something you can get if you're around enemies and have to be one of the several players left alive at the end, awarding the one or two players that contribuetd that single round with a chance for valor would make their round not meaningless. It might also motivate people to do more in that round and not worry about surviving until the end just to get valor. I was also thinking maybe only 1 ot 2 of the players on that team that gained the most points that round would be incorporated into the equation for the chance of getting valor. I'm only thinking maybe this could be added to the valor system, not replace it.

So what you guys think? I haven't really given this much thought I admit but was just wondering. Pros/Cons? Good/Bad? Confused?