Author Topic: AI accepting you in strat battles  (Read 349 times)

Offline Prinz_Karl

• Earl
  • Renown: 383
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Fridericus_II
AI accepting you in strat battles
« on: August 06, 2012, 03:55:21 pm »
I'm making a suggestion to change the way of AI selecting players based on reliability and performance. What I noticed is that the players who are accepted very often have high reliability values but don't have any comparable value in performance. But the AI is counting the highest of them two and disregards the lowest.

My suggestion is to add reliability and performance together and the total value counts if there isn't a logical point why it shouldn't. I have almost the same values in both factors but if someone has 1 or 2 points more in one he is preferred. In this example 8/6 (I know mines are not the best) against 10/4 which is something you see very often. Both have in total a value of 14 but the AI doesn't regard this.

This is clearly a disadavantage for players who have a balanced performance/reliability but who still have the same qualification or better.

One more point: I know reliability is very important because it's very annoying if someone doesn't appear and takes a slot (better someone fighting bad than no one) but if the suggestion would be implemented a high value in reliability is still indispensable as many could easily compete with theirs if yours is low. I think in future the biggest part will have at least 9 reliability which is enough to keep the attendance list big as it is now and it will depend on peformance.

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • Renown: 922
  • Infamy: 361
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Britfag
  • Game nicks: Strudog
Re: AI accepting you in strat battles
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 04:22:23 pm »
+1
wouldnt you rather have someone who is there all the timeand not wasting slots compared to someone who might not be there some of the time.

Something is better than nothing, the amount of times i have seen good players sign up, but never actually go to the batttle is staggering, therefor it should remain on reliability, my advice to you would be to join strat battles you know you will make
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Little girls are FBI agents.
Those are the rules no?

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 05:41:07 pm »
+1
To be honest Karl, the AI should stick to hire someone with 100% reliability than you with 80% only. And any player battle should do the same. Perfomance doesn't say much and can change from battle to battle. High reliability is much more important.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Spa_geh_tea

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearded Vagrant
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 06:36:15 pm »
Easily fixed with simple math.

1.25*reliabilty + preformance.

We can argue over what the multiplier should be, but it does ensure that reliability is the more important factor.

If they had some data to compare reliability and skill of players with server and time, perhaps a better equation could be developed to better determine who will show up with 85% certainty.

Offline Prinz_Karl

• Earl
  • Renown: 383
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fridericus_II
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 07:10:47 pm »
Your points are right, reliability is more important but this doesn't mean performance can be taken out of consideration completely or the other way round which is even worse but I think that's clear. I myself would also prefer a player who will alawys appear with medium fighting skill rather than a player that is appearing every second battle and is topping the scoreboards because the fun is important mostly.

So the idea to increase reliability vlue is pretty good. But performance has to count too. I would also not tolerate a player who isn't trying to fight well intentionally because his reliability will get him through.

Also this would be a solution for future battles (if there will be much more), when everyone has 10 reliability and AI can't decide.