Author Topic: New goldsink : Heirloom reforging  (Read 2497 times)

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
Re: New goldsink : Heirloom reforging
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2011, 02:50:47 pm »
If you allready have the gold I can see it's use. If you don't have it, I don't.

I think there's more people who don't have 600k gold than there are who do.

Once again, it's just an alternative, it doesn't mean you have to use it and it doesn't provide any additonal bonus to those who will reforge their heirlooms so I don't see any reason for it not to be implemented.

And it doesn't have to be 200k/modifier, but if it's any lower than 150k it might look abusable.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 02:52:03 pm by Punisher »

Offline Chasab

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2011, 08:52:02 pm »
at 600k gold its much less a gold sink as its a gold reset.

In order for this to be called a gold sink its going to require that a.)people want to do it, and b.)People can afford it. I think it would be much more reasonable that people would spend say 75k-100k gold in order to reforge their weapon.

The sink part comes in that more people will be able to do it, Nothing is gained by doing it, your just replacing the weapon.

Something else to think about is putting a Cap on the number of times something can be reforged before it has a chance to be destroyed. Maybe you can reforge it 3 times, then everytime after that there is a 25% chance the weapon is destroyed.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • Renown: 509
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Rhaelys_BlockLeft_of_Chaos
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2011, 11:10:39 pm »
at 600k gold its much less a gold sink as its a gold reset.

In order for this to be called a gold sink its going to require that a.)people want to do it, and b.)People can afford it. I think it would be much more reasonable that people would spend say 75k-100k gold in order to reforge their weapon.

The sink part comes in that more people will be able to do it, Nothing is gained by doing it, your just replacing the weapon.

Something else to think about is putting a Cap on the number of times something can be reforged before it has a chance to be destroyed. Maybe you can reforge it 3 times, then everytime after that there is a 25% chance the weapon is destroyed.

The numbers are not important. What's important is getting this feature implemented.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Uumdi
sweet of you guys to celebrate my birthday
wait you're talking about that devils lettuce arent you, god damnit
Quote from: Kreczor
yo you want to burn some sweet romaine tonight?
Quote from: Uumdi
yeah i smoke that dirty green shit fuck iceberg

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sootnik_Diomedes
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2011, 11:19:41 pm »

Why?