Author Topic: armor colors  (Read 402 times)

Offline Wallace_Ritchie

• Baron
  • Renown: 145
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Luk_Astralis, FatKidsAreHardToKidnap
  • IRC nick: Luk
armor colors
« on: August 04, 2012, 07:57:07 pm »
+3
Is it possible to add another slot of gear for cloth over armor? Doublets, surcoats, and things like that? If not, would it be possible to allow imprinting banners on the chest plate? I think it would be pretty cool if all armor could represent your guild instead of just a few select pieces. Also people could dye there colors how they see fit if not in a guild. It would else help in strat for who is who.
Had a similar idea. thought I'd put it out there. If chadz is looking for gold sinks, why not add a dye pack, or something to the auctions? It could be a one time use item to change the color of an armor like tunic over mail. I think it would be useful for people with loomed gear that is a color they no longer want. (old clan, changed their mind, ect.) Could even do like the trainer, or blacksmith thing where they have to travel to a specific location on strat to get the item. Basically just trading your blue for a red without hoping someone on the market is wanting to do the exact opposite.

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
Re: armor colors
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 08:08:23 am »
Well the idea sounds good, but you would need additional models/textures for every armor. I don't think thats possible in a reasonable time.
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 09:36:44 am »
Well the idea sounds good, but you would need additional models/textures for every armor. I don't think thats possible in a reasonable time.

Not really. There is a precedent already, namely banner slots. This is completely doable, but slightly problematic.

Anyway, I have thought of something similar in the past but didn't bother posting it. Good idea!
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Wallace_Ritchie

• Baron
  • Renown: 145
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Luk_Astralis, FatKidsAreHardToKidnap
  • IRC nick: Luk
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 11:41:27 am »
I was thinking more of only having it change between already existing ones. +3 Blue tunic over mail for a red, or yellow +3 tunic over mail. Red gambson for a blue gambson, and so on. Basically trading your item for another. Only works to get the same armor style. The ones that have multiple color sets. choosing from the options that are already available. Would be nice to get as much customization as possible( changing the color to a custom one you choose), but this would require minimal effort. I think

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2012, 12:12:24 pm »
It's possible to make all colors that are on the armors change according to the banner you have. You don't even have to put the banner symbol anywhere.

It's a lot of work, though.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?