Author Topic: Crafting: what's the future hold?  (Read 2266 times)

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Crafting: what's the future hold?
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2012, 09:42:14 pm »
Guess this will ruin the nice little crafting business i have been running.
Guess so, no point in being strat-clanless (with faction who don't participate on strategus) anymore.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2012, 09:53:10 pm »
+1
Guess this will ruin the nice little crafting business i have been running.

You probably couldn't do it yourself anymore, but you still could do something  like organize some other free traders and/or indepedant mercs, and acquire a fief to run it out of

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2012, 09:55:14 pm »
You probably couldn't do it yourself anymore, but you still could do something  like organize some other free traders and/or indepedant mercs, and acquire a fief to run it out of

So run a clan that isn't called clan ? Hell yeah. Why not just creating true clan ?

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2012, 10:09:39 pm »
+1
call it a cooperative or merchant league, they did exist in the middle ages and held cities.

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2012, 10:18:03 pm »
Hanza, yeah. But from gameplay perspective it would be just another clan, behaving just like regular clan. Look at caravan guards, they also are something like this, themed organisation, but they don't do what their name suggest (not it's even possible in current flawed strategus).

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2012, 10:28:12 pm »
(on the other hand, thanks to me, my faction control so much land)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

If you need any hints about crafting just ask Lech & the rest of Grey Slav(e)s, they could help the devs best with their experience & advises.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2012, 11:18:59 pm »
Fiefs will get loom points over time that can be spent to upgrade the equip you can buy in the fief.

So you're saying that crafting is going away entirely, to be replaced by buying?  (With fiefs being able to upgrade items within their buy lists.)

....I'm actually not opposed to that.  As mentioned, I do get tired of having to play something specific in cRPG just to be able to craft it in Strategus.

...Although I do wonder if there shouldn't still be some limited production rate.  Currently you have to prepare for a fight in advance, and you risk all that gear you have laying around if someone attacks at the wrong time (you aren't quite ready yet).  Under a buy-only system with no limits, you would just wander around with a million gold in your pocket, risking very little with your naked 1000-troop army, then you see a good target and blamo, instant equipment for 1000 troops.

Basically you could go deep into enemy territory with almost no risk, and then equip your army suddenly once you get there.

You CAN do that now but at a ridiculously high cost compared to crafting over time.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2012, 11:20:18 pm »
(click to show/hide)

If you need any hints about crafting just ask Lech & the rest of Grey Slav(e)s, they could help the devs best with their experience & advises.

Most was already said in public anyway. Aren't you Slav too ? And yeah, we can help the devs with our ides and experience.

Offline Knute

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 682
  • Infamy: 21
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2012, 11:34:33 pm »

That's what happened with Fisdnar, a couple bandits and independent traders combined resources to take it.  Most villages on the EU side were locked down with 100 gold fees so our aim (at least some of us :)) was to create a place for clanless people to work, sometimes combining resources for bigger things like raids and taking AI fiefs just for the loot.  I'm sure a bunch of people with a similar vision will group up and do the same thing again next version of strategus if bigger clans allow.

--------

Sounds interesting, looking forward to hearing more details.  Like is this new system something where fief owners could potentially have one really cheap item if they put all their loom points in it?  Or is it a system where you gradually unlock better equipment?

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2012, 12:56:09 am »
Hanza, yeah. But from gameplay perspective it would be just another clan, behaving just like regular clan. Look at caravan guards, they also are something like this, themed organisation, but they don't do what their name suggest (not it's even possible in current flawed strategus).

The Free Peasants of Fisdnar formed out of a group independent trades to take Rivercheg.

I for one will be working on a trade faction for the next round of strat (if it happens sooner rather than later) with only a hand full of fiefs and a shit load of organisation.

-----

One thing I will say is this whole change needs to happen sooner rather than later.

I have been playing with horrible shit ping for the sake of my pals, all my own doing so it's on me but if all the crafting I've been developing in csites and con mats is going to = nothing at all I would rather no now than later.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 01:20:38 am by FRANK_THE_TANK »
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2012, 02:38:00 am »
+2
I will be a little disappointed. I loomed my gear based on what I thought would be useful in strat.

instead of husc or heavy round shield I loomed a round shield. Cheaper to mass produce. Same with my MW simeple sword over many better options, same for my hat. So that is a little bleh. but what can you do.
Leader of BS

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2012, 04:39:16 am »
SO you're the guy responsible for all those round shields!!

HEAVY ROUND

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2012, 08:55:40 am »
Yeah his my boy :D I'm always getting Bale to pump out shields for the Free Peasants. No idea how many we are up to now, its a couple :D
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2012, 06:53:36 pm »
Yeah that is me. i make them for like 10-15 gold per shield. so they are a nice option when mw. if u see mw round shields, or mw simple swords around or kettle hats they likely were made in the Hayloft
Leader of BS