Author Topic: Shields overhaul  (Read 4457 times)

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
Re: Shields overhaul
« Reply #105 on: July 29, 2012, 09:23:03 am »
Make shields protect what they actually cover, no more buckler-catches-arrow-coming-for-the-left-foot-BS :P

Remove the buckler unless you could make it unable to block but instead give some boost to chambering. The buckler is one of the most messed up items in cRPG. Anyone with half a brain can tell you that much :3

ya, I always wondered why buckler wasnt 0 or 1 skill to use.  it should block melee attacks well enough but fairly useless against ranged projectiles

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #106 on: July 29, 2012, 11:32:54 am »
there is a guy with a buckler in this! https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=JC1oSTXvu2w#t=331s (lol i just watched it again and the poor shielder gets kicked... fucking 2hers and their broken kicks)

but anyways... i agree with making it next to useless vs arrows... it should stay hard to use though cause its real use should be for melee fights in order to quickly parry attacks and such. it is pretty balanced as it is though cause unless your opponent has lots of str or a shield breaker then the buckler is literally invincible. I do exactly 0 damage to unloomed bucklers with my MW long espada and 5PS 172wpf.

Offline Pentecost

• Earl
  • Renown: 313
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 29, 2012, 08:20:11 pm »
I'm still of the opinion that the normal steel buckler (not the zero slot one) should have its cost reduced in light of the forcefield nerf from two (?) patches ago making it less effective than back when the price was previously set. Turboflex was of the opinion that it shouldn't outperform a full-size shield, which is a legitimate point that I agree with, but it shouldn't cost as much or more as a full-size shield in that case.

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #108 on: July 29, 2012, 09:16:34 pm »
there is a guy with a buckler in this! https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=JC1oSTXvu2w#t=331s (lol i just watched it again and the poor shielder gets kicked... fucking 2hers and their broken kicks)

All of the sudden I feel the need to buy a rus scale armor and barbuta.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #109 on: August 02, 2012, 07:06:18 pm »
So been playing on my shielder alt, it's just as powerful as it ever was.  I don't really see why I bothered proving myself right in a Leshma suggestion thread that Diggles is championing though...
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline duurrr

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: kekeeke
« Reply #110 on: August 03, 2012, 12:00:52 am »
imo every arrow that a shield gets hit by should reflect to the archer who shot it

nerf range, go big

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • Renown: 281
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Konrax of Chaos
« Reply #111 on: August 03, 2012, 12:41:37 am »
So been playing on my shielder alt, it's just as powerful as it ever was.  I don't really see why I bothered proving myself right in a Leshma suggestion thread that Diggles is championing though...

Which shield do you use?

I use a knightly heater shield and to be honest it really isn't the greatest for coverage area, but it can last a fight!

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #112 on: August 03, 2012, 02:54:45 am »
Brown Lion Heater Shield, with 25 width.   

Forcefield doesn't need to be buffed.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345