Author Topic: This character belongs to someone else  (Read 1206 times)

Offline Murchad

• Noble
  • Renown: 24
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
This character belongs to someone else
« on: July 08, 2012, 07:48:37 pm »
I have had this problem in the past but found ways to work around it.
first i couldn't use my char on my brother's computer who also plays crpg but now i can't get on using the computer i mostly use.
If someone could help me i would greatly appreciate it.
I have steam version of game. and in case you ask i always switch to my account when trying to get into game.

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: This character belongs to someone else
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 09:08:52 pm »
+2
probably need to edit your registry and replace whatever key is there with the one attached to your character
FREE ALLERS

Offline Murchad

• Noble
  • Renown: 24
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 11:22:59 pm »
i tried that and it didnt work, but why did it used to work as long as i was logged into my steam acct when i started game mine would work?

Offline Allers

• Count
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player
  • Ca$hville
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ca$hville Records, Ruff Ryders
  • Game nicks: Allers, Young Buck, DMX
  • IRC nick: Allers
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 12:10:42 am »
Whenever you start warband through the steam library it switches the registry to the CD key that belongs to the steam account youre oN. if you want to play on your brothers computer, get on your steam account on that computer and launch warband and it should auto change the cd key to yours. If you DONT want to and youre on your brothers cd key, start up warband through his library and then when youre on the warband launcher go into the registry and paste ur cd key in the serial_key (Which is located in the registry from HKEY_CURRENT_USER ---> Software---> Mount&BladeWarbandKeys ---> serial_key) then start up the game. If you want to use the cRPG launcher which doesnt use steam, you can start it like normal and change ur cd key whenever u start up the game (IF you have the wrong cd key on)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 12:14:53 am by Allers »
Ca$hville 615

Offline Scorpio.Kalack

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 10:59:39 pm »
I have that error when im connecting to dtv server and im the only one who play crpg on my computer ... so why my game said im not the owner of this character .... please help me ... tell me where i can change the serial key for the game ... the folder where the serial key is! please thanks again! cause i lost my 2 lvl 30 character this way

Offline AlfalphaCat

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faeries_Wear_Boots
  • Game nicks: Yuri_the_Horse, Sanjuro, Mongo?something or othere!!! SRATEY: FWB_BSW_X1 :P
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 12:15:37 am »
Whenever you start warband through the steam library it switches the registry to the CD key that belongs to the steam account youre oN. if you want to play on your brothers computer, get on your steam account on that computer and launch warband and it should auto change the cd key to yours. If you DONT want to and youre on your brothers cd key, start up warband through his library and then when youre on the warband launcher go into the registry and paste ur cd key in the serial_key (Which is located in the registry from HKEY_CURRENT_USER ---> Software---> Mount&BladeWarbandKeys ---> serial_key) then start up the game. If you want to use the cRPG launcher which doesnt use steam, you can start it like normal and change ur cd key whenever u start up the game (IF you have the wrong cd key on)

Thanks, this was all I needed, as I have built a new system since last I played cRPG.  Lucky I still had the email with my original key. :D :D :D