Author Topic: Hindel Ban?  (Read 700 times)

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
Hindel Ban?
« on: July 22, 2012, 07:46:28 pm »
Hey Para and Kutt - you know me, I know you....not coming here to start anything, just confused about how all this went down (not that its a big deal, 24 hour ban, more principle of thing)

I know Hindel, and yes he can be rage-prone and doesn't appreciate "messing around" IE - being kicked by friendlies, etc...but having spoken to him about this incident, it seems there are some things McLeod failed to mention (no offense).
Although Hindel can be a rage case, he is not someone I know to be a liar so the info I got from him about this incident is concerning to me.

here is the ban request : http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,36348.msg554098.html#msg554098

--------

McLeod said that he kicked Hindel one time (" I friendly kicked him not intending on hurting him.") and Hindel went nuts and TKd him.

What Hindel tells me is that he and McLeod were on a roof above flag waiting for enemies and McLeod kicked him, same story so far. 
Here's where things differ though - according to Hindel, Hindel did nothing after 1 kick.  Apparently then McLeod kicked him the 2nd time.  At this Hindel I think teamwounded him and said "I don't mess around" or I dont fuck around" or something like that - basically "Im not interested in playing games up here"  And that is on par cause Hindel is pretty serious when he plays :)

Apparently, then the next round McLeod kicked Hindel again (apparently repeatedly this time) and almost knocked him off the roof (or maybe actually did), and and this time Hindel TKed him. 

Now, I may have some details wrong to some degree since I heard the report verbally, but either way it doesn't match up with McLeod's report at all.

-------

Now, Hindel is rage prone (sort of like a DrDemento) and does not like to mess around so sometimes friendly gestures like kicks from teamates are not well received by him, so I am not saying he may not be guilty of something in some way - BUT im afraid McLeod's story may leave out of good bit of important information as described above.

No ill will meant towards KUTT, but the thread looks a little suspicious and I hope that Para you do not let your clan feed you inaccurate reports like this appears to possible have been - you as an admin have to be impartial.

Now, again Im not concerned about the ban, its 24 hours, but I am concerned about the apparent inaccuracy of this report from McLeod and from the, what could look like - biased ban from Para.  (so far no gripes with Para so not assuming misconduct here)

I hope I have written this as respectfully as I can, because I mean no ill will, just concerned about this process.
I also hope I have written it to show that Im not accusing anyone of anything for sure - just wanna know what the real story is
If Im wrong fill me in...

(Hindel said the wounds to Wolfgang were regular combat related teamhits)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 08:36:32 pm by Elindor »
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline mcdeath

• Marshall
  • Renown: 797
  • Infamy: 349
    • View Profile
Re: Hindel Ban?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 07:59:15 pm »
In my opinion he does deserve the ban but, I feel that it was biased because it was a thread made by a kutt member and closed by a kutt member.
McDeath: This guy doesn't shut his lip, but he's one of the funniest players in-game.

Offline Lorden

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 08:05:22 pm »
Fact is, intentional TK is a bannable offense, no matter the situation. Kicking people can be construed as trolling/griefing, which is handled differently. I see absolutely no admin bias in this decision, it's SOP for TKing.

As for comparing to DrDumbento, the difference is Dumbento will go ballistic on chat, but he knows better than to TK. If Hindel can't be bothered to screenshot Macleod and instead wails on him, he deserves the ban he got.

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 08:08:40 pm »
Naa para is a good admin and would ban kutt members with no hesitation. I seen him do it. They have proof in the pics thats all. He has too. This game is about cunty players taking pics to be cunts. Thats the only reason i commented in this thread. Para is a good admin
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 08:13:04 pm »
Again - Not trying to make a big deal out of this, ban may not be a big deal, nor is Para a bad admin - my concern is a possibly rather partial story, and a ban based on that story.

If Hindel is telling the truth - McLeod did kick him over the period of 2 rounds, and try (if not succeed) to kick him off a roof. 
Now, the TK is not warranted still, but the lack of those details in McLeod's story is whats got me confused/concerned.

Don't wanna make a big deal out of this - just want to know why the 2 stories don't line up...interested in hearing McLeod's thoughts on this.

And heck Dread if someone kicked you repeatedly and tried to kick you off a roof you'd TK him to next Tuesday LOL :)

** Just so everyone knows I intentionally used a lot of "if this is the case" and "apparently" and such because I am not jumping to conclusions - just a situation that sounds fishy but I wanna find out what the real deal is.  If it turns out Hindel was innaccurate about what happened then great, but otherwise McLeod did leave out a lot - including what is basically griefing :(  **
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 08:24:03 pm by Elindor »

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, 09:39:09 pm »
Again - Not trying to make a big deal out of this, ban may not be a big deal, nor is Para a bad admin - my concern is a possibly rather partial story, and a ban based on that story.

If Hindel is telling the truth - McLeod did kick him over the period of 2 rounds, and try (if not succeed) to kick him off a roof. 
Now, the TK is not warranted still, but the lack of those details in McLeod's story is whats got me confused/concerned.

Don't wanna make a big deal out of this - just want to know why the 2 stories don't line up...interested in hearing McLeod's thoughts on this.

And heck Dread if someone kicked you repeatedly and tried to kick you off a roof you'd TK him to next Tuesday LOL :)

** Just so everyone knows I intentionally used a lot of "if this is the case" and "apparently" and such because I am not jumping to conclusions - just a situation that sounds fishy but I wanna find out what the real deal is.  If it turns out Hindel was innaccurate about what happened then great, but otherwise McLeod did leave out a lot - including what is basically griefing :(  **

i understand that elindor. im saying the cunts took pictures hindel just has words.

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2012, 10:43:15 pm »
lol

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2012, 03:16:25 am »
i understand that elindor. im saying the cunts took pictures hindel just has words.

This basically. I don't see any reason to see any bias in that ban or thread but if there was more to the story, he should present screenshots. It'd be nice to take people at their word but there needs to be proof behind their words.

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2012, 03:23:57 am »
Honestly, I find most of KUTT respectful (albeit annoying multiplier thieves! :))

....so its not even about "he said, he said" here....if McLeod posts and tells me "What I posted is honestly all that happened" i'll consider it a non-issue. I'm willing to take him at his word if he, after reading the 'other side according to Hindel', sticks by his original story.

But out of respect, I'd appreciate if he updated that story if it was, in fact, leaving anything out.   

That's all.

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Caita_KUTT, Fellys_KUTT
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2012, 03:34:58 am »
I admit I didn't see the original kick, but what I did see was Hindel first TWing Macleod, then later Macleod kicks Hindel again (He was near a ledge, but did not fall off). This time Hindel charged after Macleod hitting him repeatedly until he (Macleod) died.

After the first TW incident, I asked Hindel why he TWed Macleod, and he replied "Why not."

Offline Ganner

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 138
  • The other white meat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Ganner_of_Chaos
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2012, 03:35:53 am »
The case is simple, if hindle has evidence that the guy was kicking him multiple times, and kicked him off the roof, have him post it.  Mac will receive a ban IF that is true.

However because he was kicking him is no justification to blatantly team kill someone like that, so either way the ban is warranted.  I dont know how many times we have to say this, do not take measures into your own hands and hand out internet justice.  More often than not those that are trolling you are ready with their fingers on print screen to get you banned.

Offline MacLeod_

• Baron
  • Renown: 131
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • There can be only one....Winner of each round.
    • View Profile
    • A Singleplayer Manual
  • Faction: The Highland Clan,KUTT
  • Game nicks: (Crpg)Sword_for_hire,MACLEOD_
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2012, 03:56:59 am »
I kicked him as a mess around thing once. He hit me in the head I thought that was rude so I kicked him again. He hit me twice with an overhead. I said wtf why hit me. I kicked him again later like a minute on the same life or next round,I forgot. He TKED me. I don't usually try to piss people I would of only kicked him once (messing around) if he didn't rage on me like that. He could of typed it to me he was offended by and and I would of respected that.

I technically started it all,I have no problem with Hindle,still I don't hold grudges to the heart yadda yadaa.
Sorry bro I will keep the kicking to people that appreciate it,for now on.  :?
Devilize vrs. MacLeod

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2012, 04:09:48 am »
I kicked him as a mess around thing once. He hit me in the head I thought that was rude so I kicked him again. He hit me twice with an overhead. I said wtf why hit me. I kicked him again later like a minute on the same life or next round,I forgot. He TKED me. I don't usually try to piss people I would of only kicked him once (messing around) if he didn't rage on me like that. He could of typed it to me he was offended by and and I would of respected that.

I technically started it all,I have no problem with Hindle,still I don't hold grudges to the heart yadda yadaa.
Sorry bro I will keep the kicking to people that appreciate it,for now on.  :?

Thanks McLeod...I appreciate it man.

Again this was not about the ban, or anything else, just wanted the true story.  I knew there was a chance Hindel's was his spin, but I also knew after hearing it that your original story was not the whole truth even if Hindel exaggerated some in his.

That being said, Ganner and most of the rest that posted here - I know Hindel deserved the ban, and shouldn't have taken things into his own hands.  So many of you missed the point of this regardless of me saying it multiple times lol..."the ban isnt a big deal - this is about principle". 

** I'm glad that you McLeod seemed to have seen that that was what I was posting about here, and I appreciate your response here. **

Hindel may or may not play much, as he rages too much about teammates and lack of coordination to really enjoy the gameplay...

For me this was about my respect for McLeod and for KUTT since I play with/against you guys like, every night almost ;)
Nothing else.

Didn't need screenshots, just needed McLeod's response.

Again,  I appreciate it McLeod for you being honest. 
But yeah, maybe do avoid messing with people like that - especially people you don't know :)  Don't wanna turn people off from the mod you know?

Consider it a closed issue.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 05:13:36 am by Elindor »