Author Topic: New Unique Weapons  (Read 1605 times)

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
Re: New Unique Weapons
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2012, 01:31:08 am »
+1
I see no reason why caltrops or something similar couldn't be implemented. We have siege shields and the like. Get a few people with it and you could have one side protected from cav.

As for the poison and explosive stuff.. there's a reason we don't want that. Its not part of the game because we want medieval warfare without explosives, grenades and so on.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2012, 01:33:57 am »
I see no reason why caltrops or something similar couldn't be implemented. We have siege shields and the like. Get a few people with it and you could have one side protected from cav.

As for the poison and explosive stuff.. there's a reason we don't want that. Its not part of the game because we want medieval warfare without explosives, grenades and so on.

How should that tiny caltrop stop a warhorse? explain...
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2012, 01:36:04 am »
+1
How should that tiny caltrop stop a warhorse? explain...

It can be made larger and besides horses get stopped by rocks the size of my hand ingame.

Edit: Besides I was thinking of something more like this anyway.

It doesn't have to be used but I don't see why it'd be bad as long as you made it 2 slots.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 01:39:46 am by Taser »

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2012, 01:39:16 am »
+1
How the poisoned dagger should work.

When you get stabbed by it, you are poisoned.

Since the poison takes to long time to work, it wont do jack shit this round.

For the next 48 hours your character has a 1% chance to randomly fall over and die from poisoning.

y/y?
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2012, 02:25:52 am »
It can be made larger and besides horses get stopped by rocks the size of my hand ingame.

It doesn't have to be used but I don't see why it'd be bad as long as you made it 2 slots.

Spikes are cool. The shit suggested in the OP is something far different...
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline snipercapt

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Araris, Brighid, Tsugan
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2012, 02:37:11 am »
I don't think any of these suggestions are especially bad, but just wouldn't make the game any more fun, and you could easily grief allies with the caltrops and explosive spear. The poison dagger also would be OP because it would be super fast and the way you suggested it work would pretty much make it an eventual one-shot TKO, not cool, perphaps if it only slowed the player movement it would be OK.

All in all, this game (for me), has the right amount of weapons and armor (few enough to were someone could identify all of them, and a large enough selection so that people can look unique and play their own way).
People still use shit from 12th century today, for example Microsoft Internet Explorer

Offline Torost

• Count
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2012, 02:51:37 am »
Blowdarts could be very accurate and do almost no dmg, mostly to stun and stagger.

Lets not get too fancy, where is my shit-on-a-stick-poison-arrow?
Swing you weapon once in shit that is on the battlefield, and you get a +2 dmg on your next swing or reduced agi stats for a short while :)

Caltrops are great, really want them ingame, so many possibilities.

Not soo keen on grenades. But maybe argue that the firebomb be reintroduced, it was great.

Also, for siege. Large Rocks, only throwable maybe a meter out. For massive blunt dmg on people climbing ladders.

Offline Exitialis

• Baron
  • Renown: 93
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2012, 12:26:21 pm »

I like this idea a lot.

I also like the idea of a firebomb, we even have the models for it in the chinese model pack.

@sF_Guardian
That kind of attitude you have, wont make your balls grow kid.
And where the hell did I say that I wished to add "fantasy" items?

My suggestions as to the functions of the items was not final in any way. Just thought I would share some ideas to spice up gameplay, so please don't take their functions as final.
But some parts of this community seem to be against change.
I still don't understand why? Been playing this mod for years, some tactical change would only be beneficial. And might also bring new players to c-rpg.
And now I'm not only talking about the items suggested in OP, but similar "one function" or "dedicated function" items.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 12:32:00 pm by Exitialis »