Author Topic: Creating an account error  (Read 1249 times)

Offline Pejlaen

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Pejlaen
Creating an account error
« on: July 17, 2012, 04:13:02 pm »
A friend of mine is trying to create an Crpg account, but when he gets to the stage where he just entered an server, recieved the password, and is typing the password in on the webpage he gets this message: "Character already linked to an account, use the "I forgot my password" link"

Have tried with many various names, but the issue remains. He does not have an old Crpg account.
Thankful for help :P
skilled individuals, putting them together can create a very deadly and effective team.

The bow, it represents, that a skilled archer can pick a mighty man at arms off from a distance.

Offline Harald

• The old
  • Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Creating an account error
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 07:08:29 pm »
It means that this serial key is already used by someone else. Maybe the shop where he bought the game sold the same key multiple times. You can also try to reset the password on the existing account and use it.

Offline Pejlaen

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 02:57:28 pm »
He bought it of Steam. He has been playing on the account one time without any problem, but the second time he got kicked from the server with: "This character belongs to someone else."
Thanks alot for answering :)
skilled individuals, putting them together can create a very deadly and effective team.

The bow, it represents, that a skilled archer can pick a mighty man at arms off from a distance.

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 02:59:47 pm »
Strange, I got the same error message twice since I started playing crpg, but both times I could rejoin the server 3 seconds later and it worked again... Sry no idea - useless post

Offline Pejlaen

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 03:17:13 pm »
Changed the password and it worked, thanks alot, my retarded friend is now ready to plague this mod :D
No worries Grumpy :P, start working on the flies again!

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 03:20:23 pm »
Also had the same problem, but I found out I had launched warband / crpg from my other steam account, which I only use for other games  :oops:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login