Author Topic: Tuetens tournament!  (Read 15993 times)

Offline Tuetensuppe

• Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 88
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tuetensuppe Tojtensoup_throwing_spoons Merc_cry_me_a_soup
Re: Tuetens tournament!
« Reply #150 on: March 10, 2013, 04:23:40 pm »
who won anyway?

thanks to all who take part...

result:

1. " the power of GREY ORDER "

2. " TBA (to be announced) "

3. " pink elephant "

4. " Bloody_Johannits_Team "

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Gnjus
yes thats the problem, no more nice clans, everyone acts like theyre the real thing but all are just greedy backstabbing arrogant sons of bitches

Offline Tuetensuppe

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 10, 2013, 04:38:04 pm »
+2
Why 2 colors ? Even with only 1 color if you use admin text using the names of the team (instead of saying 1:0 you say Team X 1 : Team Y 0, x and y team go to arena 2, etc) people will get it; maybe having purple text while you're still playing could annoy but as long as you know you can continue to fight until the last one is dead without having to read the purple text, should be ok. Then if during the game someone broke a rule, it will be a forfeit so nothing that they did w/o reading would change anything, weither they won or not.

If you offered to be referee "game score announcer", even a player watching from the stand could do so, so I would like to apply for that. They could help things go a bit smoother while they dont play. Not even 100% needed to be on the same TS, if you give them admin password you can tell 'em directly "go referee this match there".

Checking players/weapons at the gate, announcing the next fights, handing out punishement should be only controlled by dedicated referees on horseback or at least not actively playing (thats why its hard to find them  :mrgreen: not playing can be a bitch).

But yeah, finding more dedicated referees and trying to have 2 arenas would be a big improvement and enables way more rounds to be played. A thing I think everyone agree to.

Alternative idea:

(click to show/hide)

i got your opinions/ideas but i cant agree on the most, sry...

-in my opinion a referee shouldnt take part in a tournament at all and should sit in the same ts like the others referees > easy communication
- having 2 servers -> sounds nice but not realistic (to much effort + you need to be sure you get enough teams -> remember we had 12signed in but only 7 showed up ;) )
- 2 arena on 1 server -> to chaotic and to much misunderstanding in my opinion

remember we did that torunament without getting anything out of it like money or looms, while investing a lot of time (videos, maps, thread, rules, promotion, preparation and implementation in the end ;) ... it was only to organize a bit fun apart from strat and normal eu-servers for the community

anyway, thx for your ideas... we will sse how to implement them in the future :)

greetings

Tueten

yes thats the problem, no more nice clans, everyone acts like theyre the real thing but all are just greedy backstabbing arrogant sons of bitches

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 10, 2013, 09:57:02 pm »
remember we did that torunament without getting anything out of it like money or looms, while investing a lot of time (videos, maps, thread, rules, promotion, preparation and implementation in the end ;) ... it was only to organize a bit fun apart from strat and normal eu-servers for the community

Tueten

I agree, and it was cool, but it can be cooler  :)

Another idea could be just doing the tournament on several days instead of one ? This way you can keep it simpler for you, but you can increase the rounds played and time spent.

Maybe giving more rules about "substitutions" that allows teams that lacks members (at the last minute or even days before the actual tournament) to fill their roster and have a better total % of participation.

Those 2 ideas I think would be the most feasible ones  :)  Then it still means you gotta invest your time and stuff. Its really about YOU and what you want Tueten, cant force you, but we can try to convince you its worth your time and ours  :)

Offline Tuetensuppe

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 11, 2013, 12:01:13 am »
+1

I agree, and it was cool, but it can be cooler  :)

Another idea could be just doing the tournament on several days instead of one ? This way you can keep it simpler for you, but you can increase the rounds played and time spent.

thats even more effort in my eyes ;)

and we have alrdy a league and i personal dont like tournaments over a longer period ...
my goal is to make "short" fun tournaments in the future instead of serious stuff, because i know so many guys who cant and also not want to spend a lot of time in taking part ;)

greetings ;)