Author Topic: Devs, Please Stop "Fixing" Things that Aren't Broke  (Read 4887 times)

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
Re: Devs, Please Stop "Fixing" Things that Aren't Broke
« Reply #90 on: July 09, 2012, 11:53:11 pm »
+1
I was just writing another answer about realistic stabbing, about game design and so on, but I just deleted everything. It's pointless.

Alone the fact that you think someone here might be "right" or "wrong" disqualifies you from any further discussion. You are dreaming of a moment where the developers are cornered and have to admit that you were right and they were wrong, and that they will revert the change, which will not happen.

It is as easy as that:

The developers didn't want spin stab for some reason. Probably its a mixture of realism how THEY imagine it's realistic (and I guess 99% of other people think that your video is ridiculous), of the intention to shift the focus of the game from duelling to teamplay and a few other facts.

This mod is not developed to please the majority. You can try to convince the developers, but that's all. To do that you need a) good arguments (which, despite of your conviction, you do not have), and b) the charisma to actually make them WANT to do you that favour. By trying to prove they are all wrong and you, who didn't participate a single bit in the development of the mod, are right, you already failed in point b).

You will have to deal with it.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Spook Island

• Shitposter
  • Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 165
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Truth Teller
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 10, 2012, 12:10:57 am »
I was just writing another answer about realistic stabbing, about game design and so on, but I just deleted everything. It's pointless.

Alone the fact that you think someone here might be "right" or "wrong" disqualifies you from any further discussion. You are dreaming of a moment where the developers are cornered and have to admit that you were right and they were wrong, and that they will revert the change, which will not happen.

It is as easy as that:

The developers didn't want spin stab for some reason. Probably its a mixture of realism how THEY imagine it's realistic (and I guess 99% of other people think that your video is ridiculous), of the intention to shift the focus of the game from duelling to teamplay and a few other facts.

This mod is not developed to please the majority. You can try to convince the developers, but that's all. To do that you need a) good arguments (which, despite of your conviction, you do not have), and b) the charisma to actually make them WANT to do you that favour. By trying to prove they are all wrong and you, who didn't participate a single bit in the development of the mod, are right, you already failed in point b).

You will have to deal with it.

The developers removed the spin stab because people complained and had it removed.  I had a feeling you would somehow try to twist it and apparently I was right.  Those mechanics have been in the game for well over 2 years like I mentioned and didn't become a problem till people started having to fight pike spinners and didn't understand how to block down then threw a fit when they were losing against them because it was deemed somehow unfair that this person use an extremely simplistic and easy method to beat them.

Also, that was a really creative way of saying "I'm giving up, but your arguments don't count because you actually argued the intelligently and made valid points I have yet to learn how to dispute."

Seriously, I have got to hand it to you.  That was the most creative way of saying "I'm throwing in the towel, but not before I throw a few passive insults your way about your arguments (the same ones I wasn't able to counter in any way effectively) so I can feel like I emerged from the discussion not feeling completely embarrassed" since my younger cousin flipped over the checkerboard as I was about to beat him when he was 8 years old.

Sorry, but that was an extremely immature move, and I completely just lost the rest of any respect I had for you when you at least attempted civil discussion toward the beginning.

If you're going to discuss issues with somebody, you should at least have enough class not to throw a fit at the end when you feel things aren't going your way.  Seriously.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #92 on: July 10, 2012, 12:17:12 am »
+1
stop waisting your time spook, the changes are for the better, learn to fight with them and realise they not that bad

Offline Spook Island

• Shitposter
  • Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 165
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Truth Teller
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 10, 2012, 12:21:01 am »
stop waisting your time spook, the changes are for the better, learn to fight with them and realise they not that bad

The majority of users polled disagree with that statement.

Facts are facts.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #94 on: July 10, 2012, 12:24:25 am »
+1
What the fuck can I say else than that you can't stab a spear sideways? You video is invalid. Spearmean don't need the spin stab, they are not supposed to use it, gameplay wise. I don't know what made the developers change it.

That's all I know.

You way of argumenting is like: "You made a counter argument? I still insist on mine, because I think they are right. And because mine are right, yours have to be wrong, and that's why I am the winner and you are the loser."

Again: the mere fact that you think there is something right or wrong disqualifies you. Game design is about preferences and taste. Your differs from the developer's taste, you suffer from it.

My arguments in a nutshell:

- spinstab is a lame, retarded looking mechanic which offers possibilities players are not supposed to have
- it is not realistic, you can't stab through armour and ribs while moving your spear sideways. Nor was this technique used in old days
- it is completely irrelevant what the moajority thinks. If there were any nerf cries it doesn't mean they were the reason for the nerf. Look in the forum what people want to get nerfed, and look what really happened. There is no correlation. It's just an assumption of yours that the developers were persuaded by the whiners.

And I give up because I see no point in further argumenting with you. You are completely incapable of understanding the point of view of other people, and you constantly try to "win" this, which isn't possible. The fact that you try this is... immature, at the best...

Our arguments are turning in a circle.

Also, that was a really creative way of saying "I'm giving up, but your arguments don't count because you actually argued the intelligently and made valid points I have yet to learn how to dispute."

Seriously, I have got to hand it to you.  That was the most creative way of saying "I'm throwing in the towel, but not before I throw a few passive insults your way about your arguments (the same ones I wasn't able to counter in any way effectively) so I can feel like I emerged from the discussion not feeling completely embarrassed" since my younger cousin flipped over the checkerboard as I was about to beat him when he was 8 years old.

Sorry, but that was an extremely immature move, and I completely just lost the rest of any respect I had for you when you at least attempted civil discussion toward the beginning.

If you're going to discuss issues with somebody, you should at least have enough class not to throw a fit at the end when you feel things aren't going your way.  Seriously.

So what are you doing here, then?  :?
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)