Author Topic: Autobalance  (Read 2130 times)

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Autobalance
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2012, 10:09:01 pm »
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 07:29:06 pm by SirCymro_Crusader »

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2012, 10:11:37 pm »
OMG OMG OMG OMG

That's so interesting !

He's back.

I just didn't notice.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2012, 10:29:25 pm »
The devs must find a way for the code to recognise each character's class, devide them fairly for the first round, then the same for every following round but taking the k:d rate into consideration. THat's all.

Offline Kung Fu Jesus

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2012, 12:08:41 am »
I was never one to complain about autobalance. I thought it worked fairly well most of the time, as long as it wasn't one clan vs everyone else. I consider working if its not a blowout on every map, regardless of who has cav or archer or whatever. I just started playing again after a long time away and something is definitely fucked up. There seem to be a lot more one-sided 4-0 or 4-1 battles, with one team consisting of five players with 14-0 k/d while the other team has maybe one of those guys and a couple above average.
"My belt holds up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up the belt. What the fuck’'s really going on down there? Who is the real hero?" - Mitch

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2012, 01:23:34 am »
+1
And who chooses those captains?

Players first vote for captains.
Captains then pick players.

Too much work for a 7 minute round, imo.

I'd like to see autobalance work more on spec.  One team getting all of the ranged and all of the horses kinda sucks.

And then the subsequent rounds ignoring banner balance is just bizarre.  8 NH online, 40 pugs, round 3 balances 1 NH to the other team and ignores all the solo-banner pugs.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline HardRice

• Marshall
  • Renown: 740
  • Infamy: 161
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 187/Alligator
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2012, 01:28:05 am »
ditch autobalance. nominate captains at start of match and pick teams.  captains are able to see level/spec/k:d ratio etc info.
Blanket ban anyone with NH tags on.

Autobalance.

Offline Torost

• Count
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2012, 04:55:31 am »
+1
What about 2 permanent factions + 1 mercenary faction. That you decide on the charpage on the website.

Mercenary faction will get a small-large gold bonus for being put to use wherever they are needed.(Teamswitched possibly every round)
The other same as before. Only you always fight for your own faction unless mercenary.
This way the clans can always play together, you get better teamplay after a while, and prob some intense love-hate relationships :)

Ithink there would be enough people that chose merc for it to almost always work out.

New possibilites, permanent TS channels for each of the 2 factions.(For those that like such), great leaders will emerge, and maybe with the same people playing together more often, it will start resembling 2 armies doing battle, instead of random hooligans brawling.

Offline Vkvkvk

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2012, 05:38:55 am »

New possibilites, permanent TS channels for each of the 2 factions.(For those that like such), great leaders will emerge, and maybe with the same people playing together more often, it will start resembling 2 armies doing battle, instead of random hooligans brawling.

I would hate to have to log in to teamspeak everytime I want to play, I don't always want to play seriously or hear people screaming in my ears 24/7 to play a game.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2012, 08:14:00 am »

(click to show/hide)
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.