Author Topic: Feinting does not work anymore / Bar Mace broken?  (Read 631 times)

Offline BlameMeForTheNoise

• Count
  • Renown: 189
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guards
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Sonjarr
Feinting does not work anymore / Bar Mace broken?
« on: June 24, 2012, 12:48:08 pm »
Heya, I just noticed a weird problem concerning my attacking/feinting with the Bar Mace. And its just on the Bar Mace. Everything else works fine (so far).

First the problem: I do a right feint and immediately block to abort the animation and do a leftswing - which worked just fine a week ago.
Now it shows the right chamberanimation and then gets "stuck" in the blockanimation (even after releaseing the right mouse button and clicking the left button for attacking) for up to 1 second and then just shows a very weird movement which looks like the block and attack mixed together but it does not register as an attack.

Either it does that or it just does not attack at all. Sometimes on the other hand the block does not register. The same for the other attack-feint-combination-direction.

Even weirder is that this is only a problem with the Bar Mace. All other 2handers i used worked fine so far.
And no, its not the "unbalanced" tag. Normally you are able to feint with unbalanced weapons if you "feint" at the very start of the chamber-animation...
I use unbalanced weapons most of the time and it worked fine until now...

Its not a connection or system problem from my side either. I got my steady 17 ping and 120 fps like always...

Offline Muki

• Earl
  • Renown: 455
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • 偽善正義
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Exile
  • Game nicks: Muki
  • IRC nick: Muki, Muki39
Re: Feinting does not work anymore / Bar Mace broken?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 04:00:58 pm »
Normally you are able to feint with unbalanced weapons if you "feint" at the very start of the chamber-animation...

Could be your doing it to late? Or chadz has nerf your playstyle

(click to show/hide)

This "Unbalanced" may be your problem unbalance weapons cannot cancel there attack as quick as balance weapons
Here a Wiki link for more info
When you swing an Unbalanced weapon and miss (not hitting an enemy body / shield / block) it needs more time to chamber it again.
http://wiki.c-rpg.net/index.php?title=Unbalanced

If you see the term “unbalanced” you will also take longer to regain balance after attacking and it’s tough to switch from an attack into a block at speed.
http://www.alteredgamer.com/mount-and-blade-warband/69406-warband-weapons-guide/
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

As a volunteer admin I clearly have no life and live only to eradicate all fun and enjoyment from the game. Your tears of rage are all the payment I need.
Yes I drew most of my avatars

Offline BlameMeForTheNoise

• Count
  • Renown: 189
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guards
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Sonjarr
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 04:31:20 pm »
I'm not doing it too late. I played this "move" for a long time and know the timing by heart...
Like I said: It has nothing to do with unblanced. It just started happening recently... :/

The game is mixing the animations for blocking and the release of the attack together in a way which is not reproducable with other weapons.
It has nothing to do with the mechanics of unbalanced but rather is a fault/bug in the engine.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 04:35:23 pm by BlameMeForTheNoise »

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 04:38:41 pm »
Shoulda gotten an authenticator.

(click to show/hide)
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway