Author Topic: war with a general?  (Read 693 times)

Offline baybars

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • The best vicotry is the one that leads to peace
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ghuraba Caliphate
  • Game nicks: Ghuraba Royal Baibars, Ghuraba_ZhengHE_Al_Bengee
war with a general?
« on: June 20, 2012, 04:17:09 pm »
hi everyone im new to the forums but played the game for a while now currently using my baybars charachter, i really enjoy the game but was thinking it would be a much better experiance with a general of some sort for example in a ts server you have 1 general, and 1 captain of inf, captain of cav and a captain of archers and only the captain can communicate with each other as to stop spam, and for example the cav can only hear there captain and are muted during battle. i just think the game would be more fun and intense this way, i know we have strategus for simmilar play but thats for big clans not for me and my small band of brothers.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Idzo

• Earl
  • Renown: 494
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Deserter_IdZo
  • IRC nick: IdZo Steam Nick: Deja3n9
Re: war with a general?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 04:54:24 pm »
It would be but this community has too many sheeps so things you wrote cant function together.

There are few clans who mainly stick together like Fallens, DenBitres, Deserters etc etc.. so try to stick with em.
Urist: Being crpg mod makes you go insane at some point. look at meow, he thinks he's a fcking cat

Offline baybars

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 05:05:23 pm »
It would be but this community has too many sheeps so things you wrote cant function together.

There are few clans who mainly stick together like Fallens, DenBitres, Deserters etc etc.. so try to stick with em.

thak you for reply mate, i hope in the future somehow they could impement his, the battles would be more intense and fun i think

Offline Baggy

• Count
  • Renown: 199
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player
  • Sup brah
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Baggy _Potato Blight_ Famine Emigration
  • IRC nick: Baggy
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 05:13:42 pm »
Phazh used to be a sort of "Captain" for whatever side he was on when he played Regularily.

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 05:47:07 pm »
+1
The whole leading your team to victory sort of died with the introduction of multiplier, when suddenly everyone would get rewarded no matter how useless and obstructive they were to their team.

That and team auto balance splitting up teams, usually leading to an important commander/leader/clan-person being transferred.

I'm sure a lot miss the more tactical oriented old school days.

Multiplier is going to be removed in the future though -> http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,34361.msg518026.html#msg518026
Hopefully that will help, then people actually need (and want) to survive, do the best that they can and help their team to victory. Peasants can go to the commoners server (max level 20) :wink:

Some sort of features that would help in terms of commanding or making the battles more tactical would be great though, and there is definitely room for it, most likely through the Battalion system (Group system ala Battlefield - or perhaps per class).
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2012, 05:58:04 pm »
Phazh used to be a sort of "Captain" for whatever side he was on when he played Regularily.

He's a good leader. And easily recognized.
But it's not because there's a Captain that all other players will follow what he says.
Some people don't bother, think they're better, prefer dieing quickly and then do other stuff, or are just targetting one special individual on the other team and don't care about the rest.

So no, Captain's can't happen. I remember one sugg though, for people on the server to elect with a vote a captain who would then have a different color when speaking in the chat. Dunno what happened with that one.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Idzo

• Earl
  • Renown: 494
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Deserter_IdZo
  • IRC nick: IdZo Steam Nick: Deja3n9
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2012, 06:43:12 pm »
He's a good leader. And easily recognized.
But it's not because there's a Captain that all other players will follow what he says.
Some people don't bother, think they're better, prefer dieing quickly and then do other stuff, or are just targetting one special individual on the other team and don't care about the rest.

So no, Captain's can't happen. I remember one sugg though, for people on the server to elect with a vote a captain who would then have a different color when speaking in the chat. Dunno what happened with that one.

I would like to recommend system that americas army use.  its perfect for this type of game.
Urist: Being crpg mod makes you go insane at some point. look at meow, he thinks he's a fcking cat

Offline baybars

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2012, 07:11:26 pm »
ah cool its good to see im not the only one who feels this way, if the system was implemented and lets say the vast majority obeyed orders and the few that didnt died quickly they would learn to follow orders.

i doubt if the whole team is in formation and with there captains/brigades the loners would dare run into an enemy of 50+ that would just be pure stuipid. i really like the dynamics of the game and i also love medieval warfare so would be awesome to replicate it. i would obey orderes to a T.