Author Topic: Auto Team Balancing change  (Read 893 times)

Offline Ming

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player
  • Let her distract you!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Shogunate
  • Game nicks: Shogunate_BD_Ming
  • IRC nick: Ming
Auto Team Balancing change
« on: March 31, 2011, 10:22:37 am »
+1
Hey guys,

This auto team balance i found very unfair for hard working players. This not only encourages leeching but also ruins some very nice aspects of this game.

This is what happened to me yesterday when i was on for 5 hours in a row on eu6.

At first i went in with a peasant gear to gather more gold, my score was average on the list. There were some x2 and 1 very short round of x5. The multiplier for me with a peasant armor and in the middle of the score board is fine, at least with something other than x1 i meant.

Later when more and more of my clan mates came online i switched to my heavy armor and gear which worth around 50k in the hope to help more in the sieges.  I played around 30 rounds with that armor and my score was constantly around top 3 on the list.  However i have been receiving x1 multiplier almost EVERY round... it was like a dam curse...eg: when the attacker was winning i was put to defend, when defender was winning i was put to attack...this is SO frustrating!

Understand that by putting the good players on the losing team makes the battle more equal for both sides...but doesnt this really unfair for players who spend alot of gold on equips and really try hard to win? (because they are likely to be higher on score and be switched to losing team)

In the end it turns out that i actually gain more multiplier with my peasant armor and be lower in score list, and this is making me really feel like to leech although i know this will be then unfair for every1 else.

shouldnt we do something to change this?

Offline NuberT

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: NuberT_HRE
  • IRC nick: NuberT_HRE
Re: Auto Team Balancing change
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 10:31:43 am »
Yeah this teamswitching almost every round is no annoying... I think it has been fixed shortly after the patch, but currently it feels like you get switched every round. And its actually not balancing anything would be better to stay in the same team the whole map so you can try some tactics with the mob^^

Offline Ming

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player
  • Let her distract you!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Shogunate
  • Game nicks: Shogunate_BD_Ming
  • IRC nick: Ming
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 11:03:18 am »
very true :) hope admin can see this thread

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 11:04:12 am »
you speak about siege? yeah, IMO the xp system in combination with autobalance in siege doesnt work properly. I started a thread about this some time ago, but it seems others here dont have the problems or dont care.

Like I said a couple of times it would be great to have some data on this, It seems to me that income in battle is in average about 3x higher than in siege.

And Siege is depressing due to this system. In battle you have a map with 5-8 rounds. In this time you will learn if your team is weaker than the other, then you can try to work on it, talk about tactics, try things out (im not saying that its working very often). Or you are on the winner team and crush the enemy 5-0, great feeling. Even better when teams are baanced, and so forth. In Siege all this is not possible. I never feel like I'm in a team siege. But perhaps this is not what most players in siege want? - We really need a TDM server.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 11:33:41 am »
Well, In siege kills don't matter; and the problem is that it balances and rebalances every round based on kills.
If it just balanced once or twice [after first round, then second] , everyone would hold a higher multiplier and be able to do more coordinated teamwork -- knowing you'll be with the same people next round.

A common trick used by top players In NA is to avoid getting high KDRs by just camping around the flag on defense to ensure the victory, and when attacking to ninja a flank as a group to capture the flag while getting the lowest amount of kills [and least resistance path to flag]. The good thing is that is teamwork; the problem is if anyone performs well they are more likely to be punished for their teamwork OR exceptional player skill.

tl;dr : Excessive team switching, or "balancing", ruins teamwork and causes everyone to have a less fun time with a lower average multiplier in siege due to constant resetting.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 11:35:22 am by Marathon »
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 11:36:01 am »
? as far as i know autobalance only takes global K:D ratio into account, not per round/map. did they change that?

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 11:52:01 am »
? as far as i know autobalance only takes global K:D ratio into account, not per round/map. did they change that?
I could be wrong, but from what I have observed by playing it seems that way.
Besides, siege doesn't even record player's KDR -- On brunchlady it says I have 46 kills/55 deaths from playing as low level in battle for a bit.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2011, 12:01:28 pm »
yes, it doesn't counts on website, but that does not mean its the same for auto-balance. I tried to find something in the forums, no results. Would be good to know how exactly it currently works first, before discussing about it. :P