Author Topic: Unable to connect to servers, need help  (Read 604 times)

Offline Edreathir

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Unable to connect to servers, need help
« on: June 10, 2012, 06:32:58 pm »
Hello

I have a major problem. When I try to connect to any cRPG server, it gets stuck on "Validating serial key" and a while after that, it says "Unable to connect to server." Multiplayer works just fine in Native and I have already tried modifying the rlg_config -file by changing "use_secure_connection = 1" to "use_secure_connection = 0". It worked for a while but the problem reappeared a couple hours later. I did not change anything between that period of time. I have also tried anything between disabling my firewall and downloading a new cRPG-client, but nothing works. On some rare occasions, the server randomly lets me in, but when I exit the server and try another server, I can't get in any servers anymore. Even the one I just left. So basically I'm unable to play. I have read basically every thread related to this problem, but nobody seems to have an answer. Please help me.

Offline Vilde_II

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Unable to connect to servers, need help
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 01:23:20 am »
A friend of mine has this exact issue... People think it's the more common one that can be solved by changing those secure_connection things but it is not. Something else is causing it and it would be great to know what it is exactly. (It must be cRPG's problem it native multiplayer works fine..?)

Offline Ozin

• Duke
  • Renown: 584
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • IRC nick: Ozin
Re: Unable to connect to servers, need help
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 10:45:00 am »
Could be IP flooding protection on your router