Author Topic: Need your opinion about build.  (Read 641 times)

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
Need your opinion about build.
« on: October 25, 2012, 01:39:27 pm »
Soon I will start last gen on my main char. For all these generations I had countless ideas of my last build. Finally I stood on two:

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

And I can't decide now. Which will be better and more suitable to Strategus ? Please give me some advice.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
Re: Need your opinion about build.
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 01:45:45 pm »
+2
You are about to *start* your last gen? Hehe, you got a LOT of time to figure this one out :D

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 03:12:58 pm »
+2
I don't know what modifications you have done, but PLEASE! Do NOT tell me what IronflAsh does!

(click to show/hide)
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 01:20:06 am »
+5
Go for the 18/21 build, but drop one Ironflesh and put it into Riding.

The riding bonuses that are applied to every horse you ride in addition to being able to ride an Arabian is worth so much more than two health points.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 08:50:20 pm »
+1
You should be planning for either 18/21 or 21/18 build at level 33, not 35.  At 35 you should be using a 24/1

And the extra riding bonus isn't worth going higher agility than what your horse requires.  These are my level 33 final builds for 1h/shield/polearm horseman

Destrier:
Level 33
(click to show/hide)

Level 35 - Notice you can't use the 33 build for going to 35...you need to leave off 1 IF if you want to

(click to show/hide)
Courser:
(click to show/hide)

Level 35:
(click to show/hide)
Arabian:
Level 33

(click to show/hide)

Level 35

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 09:04:16 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Pentecost

• Earl
  • Renown: 313
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2012, 09:53:40 pm »
+2
Unless you are a boss at cavalry, I feel that option 2 is the better of the two builds if you are specifically building a character for Strategus.

Consider:
1.) Decent horses are not going to be available until well into a round, even to larger factions.
2.) Decent Heavy Lances are not going to be available until well into a round, even to larger factions.
3.) Riding is of limited usefulness in most of the more important sieges.
4.) Pikes, Long Spears, and Bamboo Spears are among the most commonly and consistently fielded weapons in Strategus among both larger and smaller factions.
5.) If you are hired as cav, you will be expected to get a much better score and KDR than as a footman due to the high cost of your gear per ticket. A poor performance as cav hurts your faction/reputation much more than a poor performance as a footman.
6.) As a direct consequence of 5.), you can expect that most of the people hired as cavalry in larger battles are going to be extremely good. Lancing the enemy team is not going to be as easy as it usually is on NA1 or EU1.

That said, I personally would make the following adjustments to the option 2 build.

(click to show/hide)

-6 Shield is enough to use any shield in the game and have it not break quickly unless it is a battered practice shield or something similarly awful.
-Ironflesh is arguably better than more WM considering that larger battles are full of teamhits, ranged fire, and lag; you are probably not going to be able to take advantage of the miniscule bonuses in swing speed you get from WM in a fight with 800 heavily armed tickets on both sides.
-116 wpf in pole and 1h gives you enough wpf to use both types of weapons at full proficiency (ie 100+) while wearing a 11lb body armor, .5lb gloves, 2.3 lb helmet, and .8 lb boots.

This is just my perspective on things, of course. The important thing is to have a clear picture of what it is you want to do and build your character towards that, and your priorities may be different from mine.