Author Topic: strategus (how long to go)  (Read 1384 times)

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
Re: strategus (how long to go)
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2012, 03:17:02 pm »
Give me a coin and I can tell you the latest rumors.  8-)

Hmmm... rumors.... WAIT! No, I'm not so dumb!  8-)
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2012, 04:50:42 pm »
So you bought strategus gold with your crpg gold, so strategus should wait to reset until you have sufficiently spent your strategus gold? 

This game doesn't revolve around one guy.  And have fun with WotR...what a shit looking game.  Health Regeneration.  Nuff said (but really there's other shit that looks terrible too, like making it in the footsteps of CoD type games where you unlock shit as you play).

Not that any of those things are "shocking", publishers want to make the most money possible, and they do that by reaching the widest audience possible.  It's just too bad that by trying to appeal to as many people as possible, they water down games.

One more thing about strat.  The new "building" on fiefs would need some testing before being a strat wipe.  I personally think strat should be wiped with the new crafting changes, and with the bugs that plagued early strat 3.0 (spawning was a big problem[attackers spawning inside castles and cities], as well as losing equipment you had equipped when your side won).  So factions that took cities with 10 troop losses had a huge buildup advantage when people were afraid to fight because they would lose equipment they had equipped.  Not to mention cutting crafting costs in half, and then doing it again recently.

But I'd like to see strat continue, but a wipe would be cool too (after testing the building stuff for fiefs of course).  My guess is strat will be restarted in a month or two.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 05:02:24 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Dutchydave

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LL_greatsage, Die_In_A_Fire, Dutchy, Halfcast, basic
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2012, 06:40:07 pm »
And that's exactly why we will not announce how long a round goes.

Just to stop any wild speculations: no, it's definately not planned to reset it now or in the near future. First we'll add some more features, test those, then eventually reset it.

Thanks chadz.Its fair if we all got some sort of idea,so we can make plans and goals we want to achieve by the end.