Author Topic: Ban request: leechers not contributing on siege  (Read 1401 times)

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
Ban request: leechers not contributing on siege
« on: May 30, 2012, 03:03:56 am »
So 6 guys were building catapults on siege. How is this contributing? They may as well be in a corner having a jumping contest. How could a catapult possibly help win anything btw? And how is an attacking team going to win with so many people not attacking flag?

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,30621.45.html
Just to be clear, I don't build catapults or siege towers. If you see a con site with a point in it and it is set to Siege Tower or catapult it was a mistake.

Rule #1 - Use common sense - where an issue is not covered by any specific rule, this is the one we fall back upon.

So wtf is this??? This was the 3rd map they did it on. This is completely uncool to the other 50 players, the team these guys on is completely handicapped basically playing roster -5. if you wanna fuck around with catapults go build on a private server, the game just is not balanced around this.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Next map

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
Re: Ban request: leechers not contributing on siege
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 03:15:14 am »
whenever these guys were on offense, defense pretty much had the day off.  Not to mention they didnt build ANYTHING useful for defense, save maybe 1 weapon rack in a half useful spot 1 map.

building stuff that useful is one thing, wasting time and guaranteeing your team's loss is another subject.

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 01:22:02 pm »
It's been said before, but I will hereby make this stance more public:

If you are building a catapult in siege or battle mode, the amount of time you are wasting is tantamount to leeching.
If you are building a catapult outside of NA_3, you will be kicked for it.

This should also apply to siege towers. The maps are designed to have enough entry points not to need either of these kind of items to succeed, and they take a person too far out of commission for too long, especially considering the short time limit on the round.

I won't extend this necessarily to every other construction, as some of them could be of less marginal use considering their smaller build requirements and less finicky functionality.

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 01:59:37 pm »
It's been said before, but I will hereby make this stance more public:

If you are building a catapult in siege or battle mode, the amount of time you are wasting is tantamount to leeching.
If you are building a catapult outside of NA_3, you will be kicked for it.

This should also apply to siege towers. The maps are designed to have enough entry points not to need either of these kind of items to succeed, and they take a person too far out of commission for too long, especially considering the short time limit on the round.

I won't extend this necessarily to every other construction, as some of them could be of less marginal use considering their smaller build requirements and less finicky functionality.

I agree with you and I think the majority of NA admins would also agree.

If an admin is not on please post screenshots and timestamps so we can look at the logs.  We can issue short bans based on enough proof of the leeching.  Longer bans for repeat offenses.

Or just message me on steam.  That is how I do most of my admining if I am not at work and actually around.

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 03:45:40 pm »
This was going on for the hour or so preceeding my post if you need to verify in logs.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 06:01:13 pm »
Zlisch_The_Butcher was also there, missed him in screenshots but he was Frank's sidekick building catapults the whole time too, should be easy to spot if you do go through logs.

Offline Blackzilla

• Earl
  • Renown: 451
  • Infamy: 108
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB(strat/crpg),Dracul(Friends)
  • Game nicks: Blackzilla_FIDLGB, Helios The Shiny
  • IRC nick: Blackzilla
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2012, 06:45:24 pm »
It's okay to build forward spawns and healing tents, right? I mean those are helpful.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2012, 06:58:33 pm »
It's okay to build forward spawns and healing tents, right? I mean those are helpful.

Forward spawns were removed from game. They cannot be built.

All siege engines save for those can be built and used normally. Though most are worthless on siege.

Offline Aderyn

• Earl
  • Renown: 365
  • Infamy: 243
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Aderyn
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2012, 09:32:44 pm »
forwardspawn is superusefull in siege :(
Can't spell manslaughter without laughter.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2012, 10:57:24 pm »
They are bugged tho, they didn't disappear between rounds, and people who got rebalanced to the other team still spawned on them. That's why they were removed.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2012, 12:14:17 am »
Oh good, nice effort.

The final screen shot is funny as hell. The whole team sat and watched as we shelled the flag, good times. We almost fired mirey over the wall be it doesn't work :( would be awesome if it did.

I love the "He didn't build anything anywhere of any use!". On the same map where we were shelling the flag when we were on defence we built: A healing tent, 3 weapons racks, 4 siege shields, half blocked a stair case to force people into a narrow path, repeatedly.

@Turboflex, They were removed because the devs decided they were to game breaking given how small the maps are and the short timer. They were fixable. I see there point, they are basically a ladder turned up to 11.

On catapults: After doing a bunch of testing when you have 3 guys building one it is useful. There are a series of maps where the catapults can be effectively used to break doors and blast the flag.

On "contributing": The whole concept is wank. If you have more deaths than kills on battle you are not contributing, ban he. If you have melee weapon and more than 150 ping you are not contributing, ban he. The whole god damned idea is god damned pointless. Follow it to it's logical conclusion and go post the mandatory build and the mandatory gear in general and ban everyone that doesn't follow it.

Finally I would like to say that Turboflex repeatedly destroyed my equipment when I was building weapons racks on defence and offence. Jumped on it so I couldn't use it and follow me around harrying and team wounding me. You have good ping, why not go CONTRIBUTE, instead of waste an hour of your time griefing some one. I find it amazing and stupefying that you can't see the irony in doing what you do. So dumb.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 12:20:31 am by FRANK_THE_TANK »
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Muki

• Earl
  • Renown: 455
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • 偽善正義
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Exile
  • Game nicks: Muki
  • IRC nick: Muki, Muki39
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2012, 12:33:44 am »
Right warnings to all locking this before it becomes another hate thread

As a volunteer admin I clearly have no life and live only to eradicate all fun and enjoyment from the game. Your tears of rage are all the payment I need.
Yes I drew most of my avatars