Author Topic: [SUGG] Heirlooms converting  (Read 1241 times)

Offline Chort

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Strangers
[SUGG] Heirlooms converting
« on: March 25, 2011, 09:15:32 am »
Sometimes you find more useful build or weapon to use, but you already have a heirlooms from the previous retirements.

My suggestions - make it possible to change/convert one heirloom to other after retirement, instead of creating a new one.

Best regards,
This is necessary. This is necessary. Life feeds on life feeds on life feeds on life feeds on........

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: [SUGG] Heirlooms converting
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 09:25:20 am »
This could work, +1

Offline jspook

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Auphan
  • Game nicks: Pit
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 05:20:09 pm »
no.  -1

The mistake was yours to make to begin with.  an heirloom is just that, something passed down.
You cant go to the blacksmith and say "excuse me sir, would you kindly remove the balance and temper from this nice sword and put it on this other one?"
Eventually you will be able to trade heirlooms, just wait and see if someone wants what you have and visa versa.

and if what you are asking is to shift an heirloom to another item without adding any more modifier points, then that is just plain silly.  I would never want to retire without some sort of gain, and for those high level people that have nothing left to loom.... there is no way that I want them running around just shifting all of the looms around to suit their whims for the day.

The heirloom was supposed to be special.  its not a set of modifiers you can take with you to use wherever you like, whenever you like.

and +1 for invader zim.  grr always made me laugh
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 05:27:00 pm by jspook »
"Scissors needs a nerf because he beats me every time, but rock is just fine" - paper

Offline dado

• Baron
  • Renown: 104
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TWISTED
  • Game nicks: TWISTED_FACE
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 05:32:49 pm »
NO !

Offline Chort

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Strangers
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 07:09:36 pm »
there is no way that I want them running around just shifting all of the looms around to suit their whims for the day.

and instead of this we just make more and more and more heirlooms... and change will it every 15 minutes.

I don't see a market of heirlooms for now, and this idea is not bad way to reduce number of heirlooms.
This is necessary. This is necessary. Life feeds on life feeds on life feeds on life feeds on........

Offline Engine

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 09:04:55 pm »
Horrible idea. You work 31 levels for an heirloom, then need to work ANOTHER 31 to change it? What's the point? That's just giving up an heirloom.