Author Topic: most efficient gen to grind  (Read 640 times)

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
most efficient gen to grind
« on: June 15, 2012, 05:04:51 pm »
has someone worked out which gen is most efficient to grind to high level with say lvl 33.

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
Re: most efficient gen to grind
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 05:08:30 pm »
gen 16+ and of course once you have a good amount of looms. more fun with looms probably, make you feel better :D
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 05:10:17 pm »
since the bonus is so small now, just leveling up from gen 1 is the fastest way to 33. But I'd get some looms before leveling up high.
A long time ago this answer was different. And kesh got to gen 90, was able to retire every 4-6 hours, and got to level 35 very quickly with 10000 exp per tick at x1. So we nerfed retiring.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 05:15:21 pm »
Diggles or some math nerd will have to give you the answer that is most efficient.  I think the answer will change depending on what level you're shooting for.  I'm thinking if I went right for level 33 I'd be better off without retiring.  If you're going for level 35 (which is like 140,000,000 XP) you're probably better off getting to a higher level to get the 3% boost of experience every tick.

I'm sure I could do some trial and error maths (the best kind) to figure out a decent answer, but fuck that, I hate programming and math with a passion, and if I get my mind into that frame this early in the day, the rest of my day will be fucked. 

But just to give you an example, I'm a 9th generation player.  9 x 8,892,403 (experience needed to retire) = 80,031,627 experience.  Level 33 requires 71,139,224 experience.  But for every 8,892,403 you'd have to subtract 3% for the bonus I gained from retiring...so I've basically set up your math equation, just plug in the numbers or some function....and go
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 05:18:28 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 08:25:33 pm »
+1
3% of 140 million is around 4 million, so it's not worth it on x1 multi. It's worth it when you can sustain an average multi of 2.1 or above (because this means each 3% bonus of each gen you retired brings in more than the exp you needed to retire to get it).

Note that the exp you need for level 35 is equal to 16 times level 31. This means when you retire 8 times, someone who has never retired is already at half the xp needed for level 35, and when you retire one more time, you will not be able to catch up with him on an average of 2.1 multi.

Since it's probably possible to get an average multi of 2.5, if you are playing in a clan, it should be possible to retire at least 8 times and still reach level 35 faster than someone who never retires.

Yes this is contrary to what I said earlier, it's because I never thought about the multiplier.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?