Author Topic: Buff Archer damage  (Read 7245 times)

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
Re: Buff Archer damage
« Reply #75 on: March 23, 2011, 04:16:16 pm »
I agree with the point that HA's have been nerfed more than anything else, i you want 5 HA, u can only use a Nomad bow, and it does litteraly no damage against even medium armour.

Being a HA is now a very expensive way not to get kills

If you're not good at it, then yeah it is an expensive way to not get kills, that's if you're using an expensive setup, I have a cheap setup that is 25k using a strongbow, light armour and a rouncey, for when I'm not earning any gold. The only thing that changes in my setup is horses, either a Rouncey, Courser or Cataphract.

Also obviously if you're having a bad day you won't get so many kills, but I get quite alot of kills most of the time and I most certainly wound alot of people too, just takes some practice to know where to aim depending on where your enemy is or is going to be when the arrow lands and which direction and how fast your horse is moving. I find it alot more fun than Foot Archer, infact I haven't played my Foot Archer since I made a HA.

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #76 on: March 23, 2011, 05:15:40 pm »
Archery is fine as it is, there are plenty of foot archers that do very well, the top bows + decent power draw already do enough damage.

If you think it's hard as a Foot Archer you should try playing Horse Archer, it's weak as shit until you get to level 30 and even then you only have a strongbow with 5 PD, it takes me 3+ shots to kill most people from full health and I have to do that whilst riding on a horse.

Infact I'd go as far as to say 4 shots or more hits if they're wearing medium to heavy armour, plus as a foot archer you can also get Power Strike and some melee WPF if you want to. Foot Archer is powerful when in the hands of a skilled user, if you think it's weak, either your build or your skills need improving.

I like it as it is and any kind of buff to archer would destroy the 'balance' we have now, I say 'balance' because obviously it's not 100% balanced, but it feels pretty damn good right now and archery is definately something that doesn't need to be altered to improve that balance.

Lol no way, arrow speed is good, if I can hit moving targets whilst moving fast on my horse, sometimes at a considerable range, then I'm sure it's fine for any decent foot archers. Throwing and Archery shouldn't be labeled together just because they're both ranged, Throwing is its own thing and it will probably be toned down.

Your movement doesn't affect your arrow in flight at all. You can run around all you want once its on it's way it lands in the same spot.
I'm not even sure the movement during release has any effect apart from having worse accuracy.
But how he moves makes a difference, and that is simply random chance, as long as you can't predict that he will turn left as your arrow has travelled half the way. Or if he looks at you he can just wait until he sees the arrow and then dodge it matrix style. + When it hits it hardly deals any damage from long range. Having played both I'd say horse archer is easier than foot archer actually.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #77 on: March 23, 2011, 07:17:58 pm »
Your movement doesn't affect your arrow in flight at all. You can run around all you want once its on it's way it lands in the same spot.
I'm not even sure the movement during release has any effect apart from having worse accuracy.
But how he moves makes a difference, and that is simply random chance, as long as you can't predict that he will turn left as your arrow has travelled half the way. Or if he looks at you he can just wait until he sees the arrow and then dodge it matrix style. + When it hits it hardly deals any damage from long range. Having played both I'd say horse archer is easier than foot archer actually.

Erm yes it does, I can guarantee you that your arrow will behave/fire differently depending on which direction you are moving to where you are shooting on a horse, aliong with how fast you're moving.

Are you even sure you read my post properly, I'm talking about HA, not Foot Archer, anyone that has played HA enough knows that shooting with bow from horseback has alot more variables than on foot, try riding away from the target you are shooting at, then trying riding towards it, you will see the difference in the distance the arrow travels and how much you have to alter your aim for each shot.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 07:19:50 pm by Leesin »