Author Topic: Proper hatespeech: Bjord & Undisputed  (Read 1752 times)

Kulin_ban

Proper hatespeech: Bjord & Undisputed
« on: May 22, 2012, 10:49:38 am »
Happened around 10 in the morning on EU1.

After winning a round I suggested my team to hold spawn. As he realized what we were doing, Bjorn said "Camping, seriously?", after which I told him to keep his mouth shut.

After realizing that standard jokes did not have any influence on me, he started using nationalistic remarks. Around the same time this guy called "Undisputed" joined and than both of them started the hate speech:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I don't care too much about what has been said, but it is obvious to me that these guys will express their hatred towards other nations and religions even when it was uncalled for, and I feel that cRPG community will not benefit from this kind of behavior.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 827
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: Proper hatespeech: Bjord & Undisputed
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 12:16:20 pm »
Saw that Undisputed guy yesterday, seems that he's from Serbia because he asked me where I'm from. Probably started playing recently. However, that is some serious and hardcore hate speech and can't be classified as trolling.

If this Bjordhinn guy is really Bjord, I must say I'm really disappointed in him.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 12:18:47 pm »
So I can't troll about people's nationality anymore? Should I report every time someone makes a remark on Hungary being a collaborator country with the Axis?(Yes it has happened a few times). Kulin, I think you are just an angry little man behind the screen who for some reason can't stand me and thus you resort to the pettiest of the petty, provoking me and trying to troll me into trolling you(lol) so you can make a ban thread. 

With that said, it wasn't my intention to insult every Bosnian but to troll Kulin(whom is constantly at my balls and commenting my every action) and Sagar.

I wasn't even talking about muslims(except the jihadist part which I apologize for, but I can't claim to have have any knowledge of former Yugoslavia except the fact that muslims killed christians and vice versa, so anything you interpreted as a nationalistic remark was probably a result of Undisputed's talk about some warcriminal). What I said is no different from Turks insulting Kurds daily on the servers, but here the difference is no one cares. Suddenly when I mention one reference about some 20-year-old war whole shitstorm hell breaks loose?

I have nothing personally against you but if you try to provoke me, I will try to provoke you(maybe not the best way to deal with trolls like Kulin but, watch me give a fuck).

« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 12:35:42 pm by Bjord »
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 12:49:44 pm »
People still dont seem to realize that there is a mute option ingame
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Tyrianstrasz

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 12:56:00 pm »
Which is horribly broken, doesnt work half of the time and resets on every mapchange.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 01:06:08 pm »
Call it what you want, I wasn't trying to spread HATRED, DEATH, DOOM, DESPAIR and every other horrible adjective in your limited vocabulary.

You are as much of a jerk as I am, difference here is one person is being honest about it and the other is trying to be a snake.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1986
  • Infamy: 2041
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 01:08:09 pm »
Suddenly when I mention one reference about some 20-year-old war whole shitstorm hell breaks loose?

Because of that particular war I was an refugee for few years, so it's not cool in my book to comment on it. Especially if you don't know much about countries and people who formed Yugoslavia.

Also, people who supported that war are again in the game. That will encourage nationalists from Serbia to do this a lot more often than before. Better don't be part of it.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2012, 01:22:20 pm »
In respect to you I will also apologize for that, Leshma. I'm sorry you were forced to flee your country. As I said, I have little knowledge since I was not born there. My biological father fought in the war, I think, but I do not know which side he fought on.

Regardless of anything, I have no political opinion about the war and if you think I said anything that can be interpreted as a nationalistic remark, then I apologize(but that's all I will apologize for, you are an asshole just as much as I am).

I understand however, that you will not let this rest until I am banned. I'll see what admins have to say on this.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2012, 01:38:03 pm »
All the talk about other nationalities, religions and wars is coming from you only. You are putting me in context of something that I haven't spoken a word about.

I am ONLY reporting something that I believe is over the boundaries of normal trolling.

After realizing that standard jokes did not have any influence on me, he started using nationalistic remarks. Around the same time this guy called "Undisputed" joined and than both of them started the hate speech...

I don't care too much about what has been said, but it is obvious to me that these guys will express their hatred towards other nations and religions even when it was uncalled for, and I feel that cRPG community will not benefit from this kind of behavior.

So if nationalistic remarks weren't the problem, what was?

That I said "bosnian ape" you want me banned? Because that is pretty mild trolling. I know you're from Bosnia, that's why I mentioned your nationality in the insult, that's all. It is not meant to spread hatred, like you want everyone to believe in this witch hunt.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 01:45:40 pm by Bjord »

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2012, 01:53:10 pm »
So basically, because I said "bosnian ape".

Call your mom instead, not the admins.  :lol:

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2012, 01:55:24 pm »
All this fuckin hate going on here..... :(

Stop hating you cunts and turn the atmosphere to the point were it was on summer 2010 please.
This mod is so nice but gets more and more ruined by stupid trolling and hating.
This actually has no place in a nice game like cRPG!
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Idzo

• Earl
  • Renown: 494
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Deserter_IdZo
  • IRC nick: IdZo Steam Nick: Deja3n9
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2012, 11:12:21 am »
So I can't troll about people's nationality anymore? Should I report every time someone makes a remark on Hungary being a collaborator country with the Axis?(Yes it has happened a few times). Kulin, I think you are just an angry little man behind the screen who for some reason can't stand me and thus you resort to the pettiest of the petty, provoking me and trying to troll me into trolling you(lol) so you can make a ban thread. 

With that said, it wasn't my intention to insult every Bosnian but to troll Kulin(whom is constantly at my balls and commenting my every action) and Sagar.

I wasn't even talking about muslims(except the jihadist part which I apologize for, but I can't claim to have have any knowledge of former Yugoslavia except the fact that muslims killed christians and vice versa, so anything you interpreted as a nationalistic remark was probably a result of Undisputed's talk about some warcriminal). What I said is no different from Turks insulting Kurds daily on the servers, but here the difference is no one cares. Suddenly when I mention one reference about some 20-year-old war whole shitstorm hell breaks loose?

I have nothing personally against you but if you try to provoke me, I will try to provoke you(maybe not the best way to deal with trolls like Kulin but, watch me give a fuck).

Bjord you dont rly know how many ppl is killed in wars on this part of europe. How many woman raped. how many children killed. how many bombs exploded. how many refuges there was, so shut you filthy mouth and wash em with soap. when you loose some1 in shit like that you will prob know more.

Urist: Being crpg mod makes you go insane at some point. look at meow, he thinks he's a fcking cat

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2012, 11:36:15 am »
Bjord, there is a thin line between acceptable trolling and unacceptable remarks.

Trying to be funny is fine and i'm not one to advocate censorship lightly, but try and stay away from the more racist remarks or references to recent atrocities. What's funny to some can be genuinely traumatizing for others.

It does seem that you meant no real harm. So i'll let you off with a warning. Try to enjoy the game without aggravating others, okay?

Locked thread.

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2012, 08:44:02 pm »
Oops, forgot to deal with Undisputed (sorry Kulin). Added a three hour ban for him to get his attention and sent him a message.

Unban date 24.05.2012 at 00:00:00.

Leaving thread open so Undisputed can come here and explain. If he apologizes, i'll lift the ban immediately.