Author Topic: Deciding between 2h or polearm  (Read 523 times)

Offline Zander131

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Gammon, Kegler, Gadfly, Grison
Deciding between 2h or polearm
« on: May 20, 2012, 12:17:44 am »
So im pretty new and after being destroyed as a shielder, Im trying to figure out if i should go polearm or a 2h. What are the main pros and cons to each?

Offline HUtH

• Baron
  • Renown: 94
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Deciding between 2h or polearm
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 01:55:58 am »
2h - best animations, and because of them, they have even more range than medium long polearms... great range, high dmg, cool animations - imho most reliable weapon type
polearms - stuns enemy after hit, anti-cav, overally a bit more dmg(I suppose), some are realy long, also awlpikes, long spears etc. are very deadly with agi build and lolstabbing.

you 've been destroyed as shielder? hmm well, steel pick or scimitar, huscarl shield and kuyak own that class...
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 01:57:00 am by HUtH »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sorry
for
my
terrible
English

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Deciding between 2h or polearm
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 02:24:17 am »
2h is mostly about swords. They are the M16 of the cRPG battlefield, good reach, high damage and quite fast. Other notable 2h weapons are the hammers, because they can crush through blocks, and the Morningstar, which has high pierce damage and bonus against shields (it's basically a piercing axe). Other 2h weapons are more or less niche weapons, axes e.g. are rarely used, because the long axes from polearm class are better.

Polearm class is very versatile. You have spears, axes, clubs, and they all vary in length. Some are ridiculously long and allow you to hit from second (or even third) row. Others have shorter reach than 2h swords, like the bec, or the hafted blade. Many of the longer polearm weapons only have 2 attack directions, and longspear and pike only have the stab. Some of the spears can be used with a shield, although this "hoplite" style is quite hard to pull off well.

I suggest you go polearm, because you will be able to try out many different fighting styles in this class.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 02:25:32 am by zagibu »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?