Author Topic: Removing all the laggy "Blank" maps  (Read 624 times)

Offline Safavid

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • "The Sultan's own...Sipahi of The Sublime Porte"
    • View Profile
    • The Islamic Union
  • Faction: The Turks (Kapikulu)
  • Game nicks: Kapikulu_Safavid
Removing all the laggy "Blank" maps
« on: March 17, 2011, 06:11:46 pm »
I was hoping that we could use smaller maps or more plains/steppe maps that have less items to create massive lag and fps down to 5.  The last few games have been nothing but people complaining about lag and fps rates due to massive players and big maps with too many trees/buildings. 
"Nasrun minallahi ve fethun garib. Ve bessiril Muminin!"
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Other forum members should not be able to mute somebody by + or -.  That is the worst policy ever seen on a forum.  Look at me...muted due to biggotry for years!

Offline Felagunda

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Removing all the laggy "Blank" maps
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 07:49:37 pm »
You shoulda posted this in the scene editing section.  Also if trees and buildings reduce your FPS you just need a new whole need rig or at least vid card.  Really sucks to hear that i know but that's the fact of it.

peace

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 07:58:22 pm »
The Blank maps are the new maps and they shouldn't be removed, only the Bazaar is laggy so far, I haven't seen people complaining about other maps. The battle servers desperately needed new maps, removing them would be silly.

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 11:54:22 am »
I have a rather weak computer myself - but vote for keeping the new maps.

Just a suggestion to the developers: don't squeeze in everything that might be cool, keep resource-hungy stuff to a minimum, and think twice about the size of the map - that "Helm's Deep"-map is already almost too big for a 80 or 100 slot server - only is fun on the 200+ slot native server, and some new ones include whole towns that no-one will ever really explore in 6 minutes, but they still eat resources and add lagggg on a  server that is seemingly not the strongest either...
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline Kung Fu Jesus

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 12:46:55 am »
If you play on the NA servers, there's an active thread to vote off maps. If you play on one of the EU servers, there was a thread to vote off maps. If you failed to check either, oh well. 
"My belt holds up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up the belt. What the fuckĀ’'s really going on down there? Who is the real hero?" - Mitch