Author Topic: DEVELOPPER ABUSE  (Read 4660 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: DEVELOPPER ABUSE
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2012, 05:35:03 pm »
Meow you should have abused him in exchange for the free respec, if you are into that kind of things. It seems he does.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2012, 06:41:33 pm »
+2
You're all happy because they're hanging Horse Archers but it could be any of you other blokes next time, who will hang next?

This shouldn't surprise anyone at all, in the past plenty have suffered through class changes, one of the best cases being James from The Bright Knights (Nick and Clan censored due to potential repercussions), who simply doesn't have time to grind 24/7 to be able to participate in Strategus or otherwise events, he has a life and family. He stopped retiring very early though not decked out in looms, because simply he couldn't both level and participate due to his IRL engagements, BUT, suddenly the Crossbow class was changed, it could no longer use a 2hand weapon together with an Arbalest, no problem for those not past 31 who could just retire, but those who didn't have the time to grind 24/7 had to bite the bullet and retire completely wasting ALL time spent above 31 or waste half their XP, for nothing.

If there's any lvl 33+ HA's out there it must suck having to waste 50% of your XP - especially if you're of the type that can't play 24/7.

Not to mention if you should have a loomed bow that is now useless (?) - Something that also have happened a lot in the past, weapons are changed and made undesirable (or completely useless except for 'fun') - leaving players with useless items with zero resale value, items they spent a lot of hours procuring.

Evil... evil indeed...

(click to show/hide)

Some sense of reason.

The game doesn't need massive nerfs.  It's been in development for over 2 years.  Most of the major balancing issues have been worked out.  No class in the past 6 months was so overpowered or unbalanced it required a major nerf.  Doing things like making black armor go from being one of the heaviest armors in the game, to a medium class armor was a huge dick in the mouth for black armor wearers (not that it affected me).  Doing things like changing requirements for horses fucks a lot of people over who have decided not to retire again.  You can argue that the change was necessary, but if that's the case, then let people get a free respec (you don't lose XP) when you make massive changes to classes or equipment that they possess. 

Seems like common sense.

I'm curious about this as well.

I'm assuming the one from months ago where you increased head damage and lowered body damage.  Maybe he hasn't played since then?   Just my assumption, I'm sure you guys have nerfed other things archery related a few patches back, but I wouldn't know.  My assumption is by that change alone you made some of the long type bows more useless, and the faster shooting bows were buffed indirectly because they can get off more shots aiming at the head?  Every nerf has wider reaching affects than just the class or item that's nerfed. 
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 06:44:50 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2012, 06:57:31 pm »
+1
Quote from: CrazyCracka420
My assumption is by that change alone you made some of the long type bows more useless, and the faster shooting bows were buffed indirectly because they can get off more shots aiming at the head?

Actually, it was a balanced nerf for archery :
-long bow did much body damage, does less now, but still decent. Headshot kills.
-rus bow is a good overall bow. Body shots are sure to stun the target, headshot kills.
-Horn bow is a low damage bow, high speed. Body shots are close to useless, but more attemps for headshots.
All in all, it's pretty balanced.

And for an HA, going close range enables some decent headshots probability.

Problem with Veleno was, he's a faraway Horse Archer, rarely ever goes in melee range, thus does 90% body shots with an horn bow. So yes, he got nerfed. But he could easily change that by actually using his horse as a tank, going close enough to headshot easily, etc... But no.

Another possibility is, he got fed up of Horse Archery, wants to respec, doesn't want to loose his level, took the silly excuse of an archer nerf to ask for a free respec, didn't get it. Came whinning on the forum to have the sympathy of the community. Surely didn't get it.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2012, 07:44:56 pm »
I wonder what part of the world you are from when a failed bribe justifies as developer abuse.

Mexico (Or specifically, the top third of it).
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Arathian

• Duke
  • Renown: 650
  • Infamy: 175
  • Pick it up you white ass cracka
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisians
  • Game nicks: Arathian, schizophrenic_axe_murderer
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2012, 08:03:45 pm »
I wonder what part of the world you are from when a failed bribe justifies as developer abuse.
Russia is my guess.

The only place corrupt enough for this to be normal but not corrupt enough to not have internet.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2012, 08:12:07 pm »