Poll

5% Removed?

YES
30 (50.8%)
NO
29 (49.2%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Author Topic: Remove please the 5% from the market  (Read 1324 times)

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
Re: Remove please the 5% from the market
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2012, 01:20:58 pm »
Yeah it's the same principal as when the gubment decided to tax the shit out of tobacco and oil companies.  Guess who pays for it?  The customer.  Cigarettes and gas prices simply go up.
Same thing goes for the Marketplace, it's already happening.
But as I said it's worse, due to here people gotta sell for only slightly more than they pay, so it'll basically be a 5% or so increase every few weeks in price. (look at loompoint prices, I bought what I believe was the first loompoint on the market for 630k, yet to see another one near that price...
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2012, 03:31:20 pm »
+1
From what I've heard, the reason the 5% was implemented was twofold:
1) Help with item/repair balance issues
2) Cut into rich trader's ability to make profit.

My response:
1) As long as the market exists repair balance will be dead.  Making 570k instead of 600k when selling a loom is not going to change a damn thing about people rolling in full plate
2) The rich players who have already established themselves will be fine, it's the newer traders who no longer have the ability to make a profit off of margins that are going to get hurt the most.

Really all the change will do is allow the rich to stay rich and make it harder for the poor to get richer.  Since I'm loom-wealthy it doesn't effect me any but it's still a bad change.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2012, 04:12:17 pm »
My response:
2) The rich players who have already established themselves will be fine, it's the newer traders who no longer have the ability to make a profit off of margins that are going to get hurt the most.

It's quite possible to trade and do not pay tax. Only one side pay, be another side.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2012, 04:49:10 pm »
The price might go up to cover the 5% maybe, but then lots of gold is removed from the economy at a steady rate, which will most likely keep the prices from rising indefinitely

It being a % chance means its in everyone's interest to keep the prices as far down as possible, so we don't all lose as much gold per trade.
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Wiltzu

• Sceptical
  • Duke
  • Renown: 665
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Kalmarin_Wiltzu
  • IRC nick: Wiltzu
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2012, 05:31:25 pm »
Grumbs

The main reason when ppl trade stuff other than loompoints is to get some other item with that money. And as that wanted item X costs 400k, now because of this 5% fee you need to sell your own with 425k to gain that 400k (okey you get little over) so you can buy item X.

So basicly you always need to sell your own noticebly higher price than the one you want
When in Rome, live as the Romans do; when elsewhere, live as they live elsewhere.

Kaikki on tasa-arvoisia. Toiset on vain tasa-arvoisempia kuin toiset.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2012, 05:32:13 pm »
Clueless people are not really worth the time to rewrite the exact same thing so here's a quote of myself :

The weight of the tax will be paid by both the sellers and buyers. What will determine who will pay the most of it is how much people are willing to pay/earn for heirloom points. And that is likely to dwindle or at least increase slower than before with money going out of the system due to this tax.

When put in perspective with... this :

Yeah it's the same principal as when the gubment decided to tax the shit out of tobacco and oil companies.  Guess who pays for it?  The customer.  Cigarettes and gas prices simply go up.
Same thing goes for the Marketplace, it's already happening.

Cigarettes (any drug in fact) and oil customers have a very low demand/price elasticity. That's why the buyer is hurt more than the seller when there's a tax.

Heirlooms, on the other hand, aren't like oil or drugs. You can play cRPG without looms, you can't go to work without oil (and even if you can you can't live without plastic). So it is likely that the heirloom demand is quite elastic, putting the load of the tax on the producer.

Also, the demand of heirlooms is very different compared to that of oil in the way that customers have very different profiles. If you are impatient, you will certainly pay more than the buyer that waits and searches the good deal (just like sellers that is).

Offline peter_afca7

• Count
  • Renown: 224
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BLABLA
  • Game nicks: BLABLABLA
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2012, 05:36:00 pm »
chadz voted 27 times no :0

Offline Polobow

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoA
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2012, 05:40:20 pm »
+1

This isn't youtube...

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2012, 07:17:49 pm »
28 times  :shock:
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.