Author Topic: 5/4/12 Marketplace  (Read 1616 times)

Offline RibaldRon

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
  • why do butts
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_RibaldRon
Re: 5/4/12 Marketplace
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2012, 11:03:52 pm »
When you put something for sale, you (as the seller) will lose 5% of what you asked for it.
When you put a request to buy something, you (as the buyer) also put up an additional 5% of what you're asking, which goes into limbo.

So no, there is no way to avoid the tax, other than to trade in items themselves.  (I.E. 3 loom points for a +3 item, no tax.  Just a 100 gold fee.)
signature removed: annoying
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

USA USA USA

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2012, 03:09:54 am »
I don't seem to see any +0 items on the market. Is it just me or a bug?
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Arathian

• Duke
  • Renown: 650
  • Infamy: 175
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Pick it up you white ass cracka
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisians
  • Game nicks: Arathian, schizophrenic_axe_murderer
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2012, 03:26:52 am »
+1
I hope for a more lively economy to be honest. I mean, the tax is good and all, but I wish there was a true economy and not just weapon exchange.

one can dream I guess.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2012, 03:45:52 am »
+2
Upkeep was put in place to prevent people from playing non-stop in gear considered as overpowered. And it failed in every possible way :

- Expensive gear wasn't equal to powerful gear, not in January 2011 and even less today.
- People bypassed the upkeep by leeching half-naked (and if you think this is fine, you are ugly and stupid <3 )
- People bypassed the upkeep by selling heirloom points or playing the market.
- It hits new players very harshly because it's one of the least well-documented "features" of the mod. Newcomers need money to buy new gear and they end up using everything without knowing they need a buffer.
- The rise of gold income that came with it destroyed the value of regular equipment (if I want to buy a plated charger there's no problem today. It used to be an investment of several generations before januray 2011)
- Overpowered gear got nerfed anyway after the dev team realised the upkeep didn't make those items any more fair when you had to play with these ingame (you see less of these but they are still op).
- Upkeep came bundled with the multiplier system that penalises you as far as to prevent you from using the gear you like if you do not win rounds. To win rounds you rely on your team. The only thing really multiplied by the multiplier is rage.

Upkeep has become both ineffective and useless, which sort of works for non-newbies. The item balance is already ok without it and it actually adds a bias in the wrong direction. It doesn't work as a gold sink as for many people the best choice of equipment only in ingame stats is one they earn money with, not the uber $$$ plate or horse because these are simply not as good.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2012, 04:51:13 am »
+1
And money sinks work to keep prices/inflation down.

I'm not buying it. It may slow trade down a little, which may slow inflation but it's not going to reverse the trend. The money supply will continue to expand, because people will continue to roll positive upkeep gens.

I have one question. What is it exactly that is being fixed? Is it an in game balance or is it to help new players buy looms?

TBH 'we the players' had solved inflation for nubs and first gen player by having loom point prices go skywards. Sell 2 loom points buy a +3, that's the equation at the min. If anything the giant arse kick to inflation has made it easier to get looms. September last year you got around 200k for a loom point and a +3 was around 1mill its become much more equitable for the new players. Now they can flog a loom, get a +1 and fit out a char to do anything they feel like for a gen (almost).

The taxes and fees aren't really an issue or problem for me, I've got plenty of gold and I'll just adjust my prices and expectations accordingly. It's only going to slow the amount of gold I'm pulling in... slightly, it's not going to make me fear upkeep.

----------------------------------------------------------

Just give newbs 15k to buy gear with. New CD key = first char gets 15k. This can't be exploited, what kind of retard would buy CD keys for 15k?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 04:59:40 am by FRANK_THE_TANK »
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(